Every time I look for information about hacking (not cracking, I just love learning about networking, and how to protect my computer, before the government reads this and sends "expensive sunglasses, cheap suits" to my door), and every site I read either is outdated, requires a Linux box, or uses some costly special account that I don't have access to. I have Windows ME, and before I get flames about how lame Window is for hacking in general, as a program developer all my work is done in Windows (for obvious monentary reasons). Is there anywhere I could learn about networks in general? All the "newbie" information I find usually begins with "type <connect to computer>" using some program I don't have, and I just get lost from there. I've been to happyhacker.org, and all their tutorials don't work, I can't get a shell acount, and nothing works. It is frustrating, I really want to learn, but all I reach are dead ends. Does anyone know where I can get started? For someone who knows basic C, little assembly, and has Windows? Or should I give up? Please help. Thank you.