Thread: A Newbie looking for help!

A Newbie looking for help!

Every time I look for information about hacking (not cracking, I just love learning about networking, and how to protect my computer, before the government reads this and sends "expensive sunglasses, cheap suits" to my door), and every site I read either is outdated, requires a Linux box, or uses some costly special account that I don't have access to. I have Windows ME, and before I get flames about how lame Window is for hacking in general, as a program developer all my work is done in Windows (for obvious monentary reasons). Is there anywhere I could learn about networks in general? All the "newbie" information I find usually begins with "type <connect to computer>" using some program I don't have, and I just get lost from there. I've been to happyhacker.org, and all their tutorials don't work, I can't get a shell acount, and nothing works. It is frustrating, I really want to learn, but all I reach are dead ends. Does anyone know where I can get started? For someone who knows basic C, little assembly, and has Windows? Or should I give up? Please help. Thank you.

Smile Hello HunterIV4

Hello HunterIV4,

First...Never Give Up

Second...I too am on a Win32 OS (not ME..But that's Ok) and if your looking for tools --> you can visit my site:

www.geocities.com/pharmicomlabs

They are located under the "Security Software" section..and almost all of them are FREE (I have labeled the FREE ones BTW)

Third...If you wanna learn about networking & security in general.

Also at my site you can find some texts on security ...I will admit most are outdated but are good for learning. They are located under "Security Library"

Fourth... If you have any questions..feel free to post them...that is the purpose of the forums... to ask and learn

I hoped this has helped you! (Never Give Up!)
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

one of my fave sites.......a wealth of info......(be prepared to read)...

softpanorama.org......securityfocus.....

Simon, one question.....

where can i go for good info on "clustering?" i've been to beowulf.....and all related links......running a RH 7.1 platform dual boot with Win98 and 95......and adding another W2K box........any pointers?

your help is appreciated.....

"remember if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off...."

Now, there is a certain amount of contention between Happyhacker.org and Attrition.org regarding each other's hygeine and ancestry, but for the most part the "Guides To (Mostly) Harmless Hacking" are pretty good... mainly because I can just refer people to them and then not give any useful information myself :P
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Try www.paybackproductions.com

The hacking section is mostly for script kiddies, but I believe it has some how-tos. It's been a while so I don't remember exactly what they have.

where can i go for good info on "clustering?" i've been to beowulf.....and all related links......running a RH 7.1 platform dual boot with Win98 and 95......and adding another W2K box........any pointers?
    Beowulf clusters require more than 1 linux/bsd box, you can't use a mixture of windows and linux boxen to cluster.
    I've never tried to build a cluster - i've no need for super computing, but from what i've heard, its pretty hairy - you'd need to be fairly clued up to even attempt it.
    Can i be cheeky and ask why you triple boot win 95 and 98? they're basically the same operating systems

no triple boot......one double boot and on networked 95 box.........

what can I say ....i was interested.........

I think its great that you would want to create a beowulf cluster, i do lots of pointless **** just for the enjoyment of making this dull looking box serve some useful purpose. You misunderstood me if you thought i was putting you off, that was never my intention - its just a big step from using red hat 7.1 to administering a cluster, but if you are confident your up to the task - fair play to you.

thanx ....i appreciate it.......i jes think it's such a kewl idea....combining the raw aggregate power of all OS's into one single terminal......

and as long as i have all my boxes....and all the os on disk......

Re: A Newbie looking for help!

Originally posted by HunterIV4
    Every time I look for information about hacking (not cracking, I just love learning about networking, and how to protect my computer, before the government reads this and sends "expensive sunglasses, cheap suits" to my door), and every site I read either is outdated, requires a Linux box, or uses some costly special account that I don't have access to. I have Windows ME, and before I get flames about how lame Window is for hacking in general, as a program developer all my work is done in Windows (for obvious monentary reasons). Is there anywhere I could learn about networks in general? All the "newbie" information I find usually begins with "type <connect to computer>" using some program I don't have, and I just get lost from there. I've been to happyhacker.org, and all their tutorials don't work, I can't get a shell acount, and nothing works. It is frustrating, I really want to learn, but all I reach are dead ends. Does anyone know where I can get started? For someone who knows basic C, little assembly, and has Windows? Or should I give up? Please help. Thank you.

to get stuff like how to hack exactly is pretty difficult..
    u have to gather stuff and extract something out of it...as u need.
    well these are some sites where u will get some imformation.

http://www.ameriphreak.com/]ameripherek.com[/URL]

lameindustries.com

u can go here also

if u want some stuff on assembly language then go here

hope this will help u....
    all the best

intruder.....