Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable

Unbelievable

OK, I'm about to ****ing lose my mind.

Check this out.

I got this PC (Win98 SE) that was giving illegal ops everytime you logged to Windows, even in safe mode.

So I thought, **** it..and formatted it. When I re-installed Win98, I noticed the Primary and Secondary IDE drivers weren't installed.

I thought it was a ****ed up installation...so I did it again. But the same thing happened.

I decided to F-DISK the drive, then re-create the primary partition and then obviously formatted again.

After I installed Win98...the same thing again....the Primary and secondary IDE drivers were not loaded.

At this point I got pissed...I took the HDD out and plugged it into another PC and installed Win98 no problem.

When Win98 logged on for the first time.....you wont believe what I saw.

The ORIGINAL ****ing installation!.....no ****.....the customers machine had all his details and net connection. AND all the drivers for the OTHER PC.

I haven't been drinking.

This thing survived 3 formats and an FDISK

Someone better give me an explanation.

Spec :- Jetway 663ASPRO, 1Ghz Athlon

That doesn't even sound possible. If you remove the file system, the data is no longer recognized. I also am not sure if it could even run without primary and secondary IDE drivers, but I'll just ignore that part of the story.
    Maybe you extracted a secondary hard drive or something? I don't know why there would be an operating system on it though. Maybe the guy has been ghosting to it? Some people ARE that crazy. That's the only plausible explanation I can come up with for why that happened.

No, listen.

forget the story.

These are the facts.

I have done an FDISK and 3 formats on a hard drive, and the ORIGINAL windows installation is STILL there.

I've formatted this drive on two diff PC's

and the original files are still there.

Someone help.. this defies physics

I can't explain why that would happen. It certainly does defy all laws of computers. You could try going in on a boot disk, and on the root of your C drive, type in del*.* /s That should get rid of everything on the drive. If that doesn't work, I would look into a new hard drive.

there wasn't a bad setup was there?? and a virutual drive was on there? though the VD usually only has the win boot files I can't think of anything else
    01010111 01101001 01110010 01100101 01100100

I FDISKed it. It had NO partition.

I then re-partitioned it, formatted( through DOS) , Reinstalled Win98. And when I got into Win98 I saw all the old files
    still there.

The ONLY explanation I can come up with, is that the HDD CAN'T be formatted. It's got some sort of fault thats FAKING a
    format. It's going through the motions of the format, but isn't actually doing it.

****....that sounded plausable till I said it out loud.

I have never seen anything like this.

Whether that's plausible or not, if that delete command won't work, it's definitely time to try a new hard drive. This is by far the strangest thing I have ever heard.

I can delete stuff through Win or DOS

But the format or FDISK isn't taking out the Windows

I'm meeting my techie partners tomorrow...we'll all check it out

Let you know what happened

later

posted on your other topic, change the partition size, this should correct it.
    I\'m not a BOT I\'m a beer droid!
    Prepare to be Assimilated.

Maybe its not u're drinks , could be drugs!!