Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite programing language

For the web, I think that JavaScript is pretty good. Combined with some ActiveX controls (Mainly to Save/Load Files), I can do quite a few things with my JavaScripts...

I also Like PERL, for writing CGI scripts, but I haven't time to learn it now, especially since I'm trying to write some CGI in C++...

C and C++ are good languages, but I don't know too much about it yet.

If there were more interesting things to do in my QBASIC programming class (Since they won't let me take anything more advanced ), then I would probably like it, but it seems that I can do more in C++ (even with my very limited knowledge of it...)

Visual Basic

Originally posted by Ennis

Python, nice to see someone else with an interest, Im not bad at C either but no guru. Assembly is great for virii writers [evil people but anyway] and as for HTML and javascript, well I reckon you could teach nearly anybody HTML but not everyone could learn Perl.

Man Assembly is not gr8 for evil ppl and for Virii, its cool cause u can control ur hardware. Most of the virus are created in VB and VC, but i have not come to know or i haven't yet seen any virus coded in assembly.

The most important thing of Assembly is that u can create C, or C++ like that languages in Assembly but u cann't create Assembly in those languages.

Banned
    There are virii written in pure assembly Kakakool, do you have a broad interest in the subject or are you simply trying to undermine me. Yes VB is a popular language for virus coding perhaps due to its simplicity but assembly virus is not something I made up for fun.

Hello Kakakool ...

It was a long time since you said something completly stupid. Seems that you can't control on that point, do you ?

You can write a C/C++ compiler in assembly. You can also write an Assembly in C/C++ ... you can even write it in VB or prolog.

Virtually, any language is equivalent. What change is the need you have for it. You could reprogram an "hardware device handler" in C if you want (Basic would be far far far far more difficult to use, but not impossibe to use, I worked once again with a microcontroller that use BASIC to be programmed), and you can write a whole internet browser in assembly if you want. Both will be harsh works.

My favorite language, for now, is C. Pure C I mean, without C++ extensions. 80x86 assembly is also cool, but tend to be a little hard to use when it comes to code optimization, because of many many penalties rules to be checked.

I was also a great fan of Z80 and 8051 assembly.

Jean-Francois

Originally posted by Ennis
    There are virii written in pure assembly Kakakool, do you have a broad interest in the subject or are you simply trying to undermine me. Yes VB is a popular language for virus coding perhaps due to its simplicity but assembly virus is not something I made up for fun.

No im not trying to undermine you, its just i like to learn and more abt. virii. I have developed a few virus too. I like news and views abt. virus a lot . So if u can provide me information abt. assembly viruses i'll highly appriciate it .

Originally posted by Gobinjf
    Hello Kakakool ...

It was a long time since you said something completly stupid. Seems that you can't control on that point, do you ?

You can write a C/C++ compiler in assembly. You can also write an Assembly in C/C++ ... you can even write it in VB or prolog.

Virtually, any language is equivalent. What change is the need you have for it. You could reprogram an "hardware device handler" in C if you want (Basic would be far far far far more difficult to use, but not impossibe to use, I worked once again with a microcontroller that use BASIC to be programmed), and you can write a whole internet browser in assembly if you want. Both will be harsh works.

My favorite language, for now, is C. Pure C I mean, without C++ extensions. 80x86 assembly is also cool, but tend to be a little hard to use when it comes to code optimization, because of many many penalties rules to be checked.

I was also a great fan of Z80 and 8051 assembly.

Jean-Francois
    The point i wan't to make in my post is that since assembly is mainly used in those areas where hardware is mainly involve whereas C is not used for such problems thats y i said one cann't develop assembly in C while a C can be develop in assembly. You can develop compiler of any language in any other language like i've done i develop the compiler of PASCAL in C. It wasn't that good but was my first try and i think i learn a lot from that experience.

One more thing abt. assembly ppl. can play with languages like C and Java blap balp, but one is very cousious while using assembly since it directly store values in registers and work with ur hardware.

Anyway i also recommend C , casue assembly coding is quite difficult and u have to learn lots of codes for simple operation. Thats y i've not bound myself in any language im a general programmer its upto my collegues to code the softwares that i analyze .

Originally posted by Gobinjf
    Hello Kakakool ...

Jean-Francois

One more thing thanx for the complements

languages

Well I've gotten into a little C/C++, and just started getting into Perl. C is easy to learn and code and is fairly powerful, more powerful than C++ as far as non-graphical code goes, but if you want a mouse involved, C++ is the way to go in C/C++. But now there is C#, which is a combo of C/C++, and Java, I've heard from people who were learning it that its a pretty sweet ass languauge. But then Perl just kicks ass, its much like C/C++, but you don't have to define variables (you can if you want, but you don't have to) and no stupid header files. Plus its mult-platform without having to add extra stuff like you do in Java......

Just my 2 cents.......
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

I really like java and visual basic, however there is nothing like the unstructured madness of QuickBasic.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19