Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite programing language

Unhappy

My college sucks.
    I tried to sign up for a Microsoft Infrastructure class and for a java programming class, but I need like 50 million prerequesites. It sucks I now basics for c++ and VB plus I am a tech for a computer repair shop and we work with networking Win2K machines all day.
    At least I got a programming class and Cisco.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Wink

Well, it seems that I'm following the others with LOGO, except it wasn't the first I learned. I began writing DOS-batch scripts, after that I had LOGO on school. I learned myself Turbo Pascal, but I got bored on that one too. Then I began learning Assembly language. Til now, that's still my favorite. Afterwards I also learned C/C++ and HTML.

That's all folks!

Grtz,

Banned

I played with HTML for about a year and got bored. but i started on DOS batch files and moved to the *laughably* more powerful BASIC (yeah right). then i got bored and moved into linux and do most of my coding there in C++, though i dont claim to be a master by any means, or really all that good at all

sebastos12

Smile

My best languages r the visual basic 6 and the java i'm studying on them and these are easy for me.

Red face

C++ and Perl. Definitely!

fav lang

My favorites are Visual Basic and HTML(despite not being a language).
    -Kushiel

Talking

The coolest languaje is c++ with the ansi adition...
    you can do wathever you want with it....
    we work in the dark - we give what we have - we do what what we can - our doubt`s our passion - our passion our task - the rest....- is the madness of art.

Re: aside..

Originally posted by Kezil
    on the side, anyone know any good compilers that work in C/C++, Perl, VBasic(if possible), assembly, and maybe more?
    thanks
    Dev-C++ is a good C/C++ compiler that works under Windows. It's free and open source.

As for assembly, I've used TASM (turbo assembler) from [url=http://www.borland.com/]Borland[/ur] but I'm not sure where you'd get it from now. Visual C++ also has built-in support for assembly using MASM.

pwaring.

I know how you feel, I have to learn VB at college even when I already know most of the basics of C/C++ (i/o streams, file streams etc.). It's made even worse by the fact that my teacher assumes we know nothing about programming and talks to us as if we were complete morons!

The only reason I'm at college is because I need a piece of paper that says I can do what I already can.

pwaring.

Originally posted by pwaring
    I know how you feel, I have to learn VB at college even when I already know most of the basics of C/C++ (i/o streams, file streams etc.). It's made even worse by the fact that my teacher assumes we know nothing about programming and talks to us as if we were complete morons!

The only reason I'm at college is because I need a piece of paper that says I can do what I already can.

pwaring.
    Yeah, I know the feeling... I admit I have still some things to learn, but it's so infuriating when your teacher assumes you know nothing... My worst case of that was in highschool, we were doing BASIC on commodores 128 (don't ask!) Heck, we spent 3 months "programming" pictures and music (you know, drawing with insturcition like in logo and translating sheet music note by note... I mean, I SOOO hated that.. it's not even programming, but the other kids in the class thought it was fun.. argh!

Ammo