Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite programing language

C++!!!

Well, I'm a fan of C, so you shouldn't be too dissappointed. Not too great at it, but I still enjoy it. JAVA's not bad either, but C++ is MUCH better.
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

VIsual C++, and Visual Basic
    I'm learning java in school and can't really make up my mind if I like it or not. I just started COBOL and I really hate it! I know it's supposed to be basic but the crap just gets so confusing.

I learned C in colleague and have used it to learn Java, Perl, and ABAP (a proprietary language owned by SAP closer in syntax to Cobol). My favorite is C. VB is great for RAD (Rapid Application Development) but somewhat clunky @ runtime. HTML I consider a format tool like xml and not a language.

I once had to use 64-bit assembler -very efficient -very painful

Which is most useful?

I know vB and a bit of Java (and HTML, but like the last poster said, it's not really a language.) But which of all the various languages do you think are the most useful?
    Why am I still here?

I know HTML is not a language but it is something i know how to write. I remember LOGO I played with that back in JR. High School.
    C++ and VB and Java are what I think is the most usefull.
    But others might think different
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Smile

Right now it has to be HTML, and as another post says, all hand coded via notepad. I am currently self teaching Java and Perl.
    KNOWLEDGE IS OF TWO KINDS: We know a subject ourselves or we know where to find information upon it. SAMUEL JOHNSON

Its all about Perl and C++,

but HTML and javascript's fun to play with (and they are so simple)

I do & like c/cpp (Visual C++ too), java, vb (for quick dev/UIs/database interfaces (ADO is just sooo easy))...

Dislikes: ADA (they teach it at the university I go to, though I've had those (most) courses credited; I think it's stupid to teach that as a first language since it's soooo unused...)
    perl (I've used it very little, but I find the syntax weird and inconsistent... like a quote I've read before said "Perl, the only language that looks the same before and after RSA encryption!"

and a few others I've tryied/use(d) (commodore 128 basic, javascript and ohter scripts...)

JC

C. The only language that matters.

C++? Just some add-ons.....

Java? Just C++, 'cept partially interpreted, so you don't have to rewrite your sources for different machines.....

Perl? Nice, but it's not C.

Lisp? Too many parenthesis.

Assembler? Powerful, but rather more eyestrain than I like to deal with....

Gotta love C.
    Got Root?

This user powered by Linux.

Exclamation Prog. is not for kids...

Prog. is not for kids, nor is i fun to makes prog's in prog lang's that are too easy. For example Java. Of all the lang's that i have seen so far, my personal fav will always remain 'C', with a mixture of assembly. There is nothing more powerful that this, there is no limits to what u can do with this combination. Next i like prog. with LISP, for it gives u extended features. But if we're speaking abt a lang. for a beginner, then there is nothing better than V.B.
    In a battle between a crocodile and a bear, the terrain is what counts !