View Poll Results: Who is the biggest "jackass" in AO?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tripstone

3 18.75%
  • Stflook

0 0%
  • Hogfly

0 0%
  • JP

2 12.50%
  • MsMittens

0 0%
  • casper3699

0 0%
  • Negative

2 12.50%
  • That Jackass Bad News-haha

6 37.50%
  • Confirmed Kill

1 6.25%
  • The guy who invented USB

2 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you really think of hackers?

Thumbs up I suggest the term "Hackers"

I personally think the term "Hacker" doesn't sound at all threatening. Rather than trying to dodge the inaccuracies in the media (and on AntiOnline itself) I think it would make sense to do what we can to fix them. I mean, that big AntiOnline logo I'm staring at right now...

"Hackers Know The Weaknesses In Your System. Shouldn't You?"

If they could just change the word "Hackers" to "Crackers" in that little tag line, it would be a step in the right direction. Everywhere else where the term is abused on this site needs fixing, too. There's something a little brain-damaged about linking to The New Hacker's Dictionary from this site when the people who run it seem never to have read it...

Anyway, before this degenerates into a rant against AntiOnline (or indeed anyone else) I'll just smile and say it's been very nice reading this thread. Everyone seems to know what they're talking about, despite the fact that they're hanging around a site that doesn't. I've said it before and I'll say it again: AntiOnline stinks to high heaven, but the users on the fora seem to be way above average for 'hacker' web boards!

- Freon
    NightKingdoms Progressive
    http://www.nightkingdoms.net/
    \"Circumventing the limitations of technology\"

Angry Yo freon change your name

Yeah Hackers are the ones who built the net, hackers doesn't mean a person who breaks into systems but someone who is very knowledgeable about what there talking about. In order to build somthing you have to have some kind of idea, or knowledge on how to do it. Thus I say hackers built the net.

YO freon change your name. It's already been taken.

Banned
    Man freon and FreeOn thats so close its should be copyrighted, only messing.

As someone said once (can't remember who, sorry), a hacker is someone who uses his/her knowledge to gain more knowledge...
    \"The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm...

Ha.. Hac.. Hacker

You know when I'll call someone a hacker? When they are playing government generated "War Games" w/ Matthew Broderick.. All Rights Reserved.. Damn.. I am too tired...

(-)(-)
    O
    __<Zzzzz
    ~®¥ÅzÄÑ°FF~

Elen sila lumenn omentielvo..

I agree with everybody on this forum. Hackers are the good guys. We're just misunderstood, that's all. Too bad the idiots in the media can't quite comprehend that one.
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Smile The Term Hacker

It has always been my belief that "hackers" were individuals who are knowledgable and eager to learn. I never limited the term to Computer Security or Programming.
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Yet another great definition. I like it very much!
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Banned
    Thanks all for the response, nice to see people have a clear view of the term hacker.