Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Police state minus one day and counting"

Thumbs down "Police state minus one day and counting"

Heres a link to a very interesting, yet disturbing, article on Newsforge...

As a foreign citizen living in the USA, I think its horrible that the government is using "anti terrorism" as an excuse to deny the human rights of non-americans.. what ever happened to the "land of opportunity"?

Heres another on CNN

And a link on C-SPAN with links to more information on the House and Senate versions of the Anti-Terrorism bill.

Darkmo0n

Welcome to paranoia

The government is rapidly hacking away at the rights of its citizens too. If you want to live here, you will have to get used to it. I know it's disturbing, but as long as America's paranoid, you will have no rights whatsoever. Neither will we.

Hopefully the Supreme Court fights for the rights of the country’s citizens and visitors if congress tries to squash too many of them. Moving to Canada is not an option.

I've said it before and I'll say it again......

ONLY THE PARANOID SURVIVE!

Originally posted by Conf1rm3d_K1ll
    I've said it before and I'll say it again......

ONLY THE PARANOID SURVIVE!
    I'd rather die free than live under a paranoid government. Remember Russia under Stalin? Do you know where Stalin's paranoia got millions of Russian citizens? How about the McCarthy era?

You missed my point, stflook.

I meant that WE have to become paranoid to survive. The Government is already paranoid but WE must become even more paranoid than THEY. Things like sending encrypted email, spoofing your IP etc etc etc....

PLEASE don't make me out to be a supporter of the Governments anti privacy laws again!

I'm sorry. Didn't realize that was what you meant. But you have to admit, the way you said it combined with what the post is, it COULD be taken that way.

Banned
    Gone are the days of revolution......

Hmm Stalin ... Bush ... they are all the same. Western democracy is crap.They all go around preaching about human rights and you get places like Afghanistan and Iraq sad ...
    Hope I didn’t offend anyone and if did well whatever happened to freedom of speech.

peace...