Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gather round, Gather round.

Gather round, Gather round.

Ok, I want all you geeks to put your hamster brains together and come up with an answer for the following.

It goes a little something like this.

I was messing about on Win2K-SP2, now when I log on I get the error message about the "pagefile.sys not existing or not enough memory"

So no worries, I go in and give 1.5 x RAM on my system which = about 480MB for initial size.

I then restart, but STILL get the same virtual memory error message. And the system is slow as ****.

So I delete pagefile and then create a new one. Set it all up and then reboot. but the bitch STILL gives the same message.

At the moment i'm using the TEMP pagefile which is aight, but not enough.

I tried using the repair facility in Win2k, but that did **** all.

Who's got the answer?

How fast is the computer. Size of harddrive? Last time been defraged?
    If you are a little nicer on your questions people might be more willing to help.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Casper..no offence trick....but I got all the newbie **** down.

Defrag and all.

The size of the HDD has no relevence

Seeing as you asked it's an IBM 40Gig 7,200rpm with a 20 Gig Seagate 7,200rpm as the secondary.

Something is stopping me from creating a permanent pagefile.

I'm having to use a temp one

Banned

haha

Hanns you funny little turd.....Because your dumb ass deleted your page file instead of resizing it, now your pagefile and registry are out of sync. Reinstall Win2K to trick little hoe. Its the only way.

You loose Hanns down.

Joe..only a dumbass like you would resort to reinstalling the OS.

What a spastic..don't waste my time bitch.

Anyone else?

You ask for help, but when you get it, you blow it off and insult the source. Nice.

Shmoo
    I agree with stflook.

Whats the big deal of reinstalling the OS?

I'm sure you have been backing everything up, and keeping your anti-virus software updated. Unless, *gasp* you haven't. Then I can kind of understand the reluctancy of reinstalling the OS. No big deal really. Especially if you can back-up the important stuff before doing the reinstall.

Originally posted by gstudios
    Whats the big deal of reinstalling the OS?

I'm sure you have been backing everything up, and keeping your anti-virus software updated. Unless, *gasp* you haven't. Then I can kind of understand the reluctancy of reinstalling the OS. No big deal really. Especially if you can back-up the important stuff before doing the reinstall.
    You can also try to repair the install first. It's not as big of a deal as you seem to think.

You guys are such twonks.

First off all it is a hassle reinstalling the OS, cos i have is set out as I want it...every last part of the Win2K config is how I want it.

And secondly (more importantly) I don't give in like you weasels.....it's a point of principle....I don't run away like a whimpering dog and just reinstall.....admitting defeat may be your kind of gig but it aint mine.

FOOLS.

Call yourselves knowledgable?......**** you....I'm gonna ask my ****ing goldfish