Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JP, Look At This

Thumbs up

smok'n

The whole AntiOnline/Attrition thing

I tend to side with Attrition.org on this since they appear to know what they're talking about and JP doesn't. However, I must say I don't really think all that stuff is worth talking too much about; in my not-so-humble opinion JP appears to be a bit of a fool, but I don't really see why we should waste our time talking about that here.

Basically, let sleeping dogs lie, would be my advice. There are more important things to talk about (hopefully) and it's not like we're going to fix anything that's wrong with AntiOnline by getting involved in a holy war (excuse the slightly inappropriate choice of terminology) that basically died out years ago.

Hmm. I'd already posted when I realised that I have something else to add...All this "STFU! Don't come here if you don't agree with us!" stuff is highly worrying if you ask me. What kind of discussion forum do you think you'll have here if there are no differences of opinion?

- Freon
    NightKingdoms Progressive
    http://www.nightkingdoms.net/
    \"Circumventing the limitations of technology\"

Thumbs up

We can grind this ax for a long time. I'm down with antionline.com. It rawks. One of the few places(in my opinion) that you actually get intelligent responses to your questions. Now I shall sip my beer and listen to the new MushroomHead CD, hehe. Peace. Digi.

Yeah...

Basically I agree. This forum appears to be relatively good, just from the point of view of the quality of answers I see given to questions here. I haven't been here long, though, so I might change my mind about that in the future.

I would say, though, that the reason any forum is good is the class of user it attracts, not the people that run it. The rest of AntiOnline lacks anything worth reading at all, if you ask me. In other words, I dislike AntiOnline, but so far I quite like the users of its discussion fora!

- Freon
    NightKingdoms Progressive
    http://www.nightkingdoms.net/
    \"Circumventing the limitations of technology\"

I don't actually care much for JP, his attitude or the rest of AntiOnline - it's mostly mindless claptrap. There are better news sites out there - actually a lot better ones.

The forums are good though - a lot of folks hsng out here who know what they are doing. If you have time to put up with the drivel - eg. 2 earlier posts in this thread - one says "smok'n", the other says "Can you say burn!!", truly enlightening comments - it is possible to learn lots of new tricks.

Keep talking,
    amay

Then why dont you go elseware & bother someone else? The world would be a lot better if we didnt have smart @$$ people like you on here.

This is an old feud and it's best to let this particular subject die IMHO
    \"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he,himself,does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss,the abyss also gazes into you\"

Friedrich Nietzche

RougeSpy:
    (I assume you were responding to me?)

I have carefully read your comments in this thread, and others, and have come to the conclusion that you in paticular could use some smart people hanging around.
    I think I'll stay.

You could respond to the specfic's in the post - maybe try explaining why you are such a JP fan - rather than specializing in rude and thoughtless comments....

amay

Thanks Jared_C for telling me. everyone else likes to give me negative antipoints for bringing this up. all i wanted to know is what it was all about. again thanks.

-havanger

Re: JP, Look At This

Originally posted by Havanger
    hello jp. i'm a fan of you and your work. but what are these people saying? what is your say on this?

http://www.attrition.org/negation/
    heh, have you actually looked around that site? Does it look like a nice reliable source of unbiased information? Next time link to happyhacker.org or i-wanna-be-a-script-kiddie.com