Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unknown Caller

Question Unknown Caller

Ok my mother keeps on getting calls with unkown caller on the caller id of course you can't *69 them because of that. The phone calls are driving her crazy, someone calls and ether hangs up or will stay on the line until someone answers.She can't get any sleep because of this and she gets about 40 calls a night. (annoying as hell)

My question is there away to call that person, or take off the unkown caller so I can *69 them. Even if there is a way to get the phone number I could at least call the phone company and have that person arrested. If any one knows of away they could help me out alot.

Have your mother report it to her phone company. Get her to explain the problem and I brlieve the phone company will take it from there, they are the ones that can trace the calls.

Trust me that's what's going to happen this weekend is the person keeps it up. But is there away that I could trace the number, or find out what number the ***** is using. Will the phone company let us know who's doing it or will they keep it annoyoumus.

Banned
    I think although am not sure that if someone is found to be making abusive calls the company will not keep them anonymous.

These people are just sad weirdos, and Im sorry for your troubles FreeOn it happened to my best friends home and the guy was never caught.

If caller ID and *69 aren't doing you any good, I think your fubared. Why wait for the weekend? if this guy is being a *****, do it now!! Like I said, the phone company is in a better position to track this guy down. They may also have some suggestion on what can be done to prevent it.

Stick with the phone company idea, they can do it and it's legal for them, you start pissing around and that might get you in ****.

Talking

Yeah I'm going to stick with that Idea I don't need to be getting in trouble for messing around with the phonecompany. I have to wait because I won't see her till this weekend, I live downtown Des Moines and she lives about 2 1/2 hours away.
    But I'll pass this info to her. She's already got veritape but she's had that forever. She was looking at programs for the computer that might help identify unkown callers.

Well I'll have a look for some prog's, but I believe they will work on the same principal as caller ID.

Hope you and your mother get this issue closed.

Veritape only records phonecalls it's a great program that pops up on the computer when ever the phone rings.It aks you if you would like to record the phonecall, you can also playback messages for another caller.

I can tell you exactly who it is. . . its telemarketers. . . Their computers automaticlly call a number and if they aren't ready they hang up. I get about 10 or 12 a day. I cant imagine 40 a day. Geez. If you stay on the line long enough to get someone on the other end, ask to be put on their DO NOT CALL list. It works. Hope I was of some help to you.

I don't think that it's telemarketers who are going to be calling from 12:00pm- 5:00am that doesn't make sense at all. But it's a possiblilty. I'm still looking for a way to identify unknown callers.