Thread: About books

Question About books

Hi there:

i would like to be find out the internet security hole, such as like some iis hole and stuff, and if i want to learn that skill, can any one help me what book should i learn first

(lika what thing should i learn first inorder to figure out the internet holes, exp: should i learn tcp/ip first or anyother?)

personal i know c++ and some html......

please make a comment what should i learn first.........

One of the best I've found so far is Hacking Exposed
    KapperDog

Talking

books to read... all of them you can find
    tutorials from blacksun

Smile

I would maybe brush-up on TCP/IP first then try to get a networking book. It helps you understand the concept of things better than to just start jumping in the hacking stuff!!

there is a tcp/ip test from microsoft you can take at www.teststeststests.com/tcpip.htm, that should help you out, i would start with understanding tcp/ip, it runs the whole internet

also, i would do what i like to call a "library raid", go to the biggest library you can, and grab every computer book that catches your eye, then read till your eyes bleed (hey, that rhymes)
    \"I am convinced that societies which live without government enjoy an infinitely greater degree of happiness than those who do.\" Thomas Jefferson

The best way to learn about security holes is to learn to hack. I have a book called "A Comlpete Hacker's Handbook". It's pretty cool. I have scanned it, and it has some pretty cool things. Read it, and try some of it on one of your own PCs. I also have a book from the "for Dummies" series on firewalls. It gets into security holes as well.