Thread: Question

Post Question

Here is a problem I have, I have the sam file for my computer which i don't know the Admin password for, which has syskey enabled. I know L0phtCrack can't crack the password because of syskey, and the pwdump2 program can't run because i'm not an admin user. But i do have another machine with admin rights, is there any way to use some of these programs with the sam file on the computer with admin rights?

LophtCrack will crack it just do a memory dump
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

If all you are trying to do is access the computer that you don’t have a password for, there are a few things you can do.

Pull the hard drive, place it as a secondary in another computer. Delete the SAM and SAM._ files. Put it back in the first computer. NT (or 2k) will recreate the SAM with a blank password for the admin account. (you will loose all the other accounts to).

or:
    Get a full version of NTFSdos and boot from a floppy, delete the same files, same result.

If it is as you say your computer, cracking the SAM should not be needed.

Hope this helps.

If you can logon to the box locally, I seem to remember that there was a little tool that will elevate your privileges to become administrator. I can look for it at home if you really needed. It worked by changing flags or something like that because the operating system doesn’t check them properly. Hope this helps ...

bAgZ
    If you do remember it, i would like to know.

Well jgillette i will look on my machine at home its probably still there. I'll let you know....