Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WINXP is the best

Just to make a point if you can find somthing of value such as XP for free. Why wouldn't you take it. I refuse to pay for software and honestly don't believe in it. Information should be free and so should software in that regards.

I have two computers lol.

P.S.
    To evilseed what's the deal of stealing my avatar, but you can have it since I changed it anyway this morning. I was getting bored with looking at green hair and thought I needed a change.lol.

I've said my peace in a previous post, and won't continue to fight. I would have to agree with thor saying why can't we all just get along.

I can't believe this post is dreding along. But if people feel it's neccesary for it continue along then let it be.

Cool

I have never used XP nor will I until the price is lowered about 66% for the home edition, and the forced registering thing dies out.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Cool

By the way dont expect all software to be free anytime soon. These companies are in it to make money, and I don't blame them. If I could design something that cost more, and had twice as many problems as my competitor, but still was able to make a ton of cash I would.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

The first thing I have to say about any and i mean any Microsoft product is XXXpensive. I try to stay clear of all Microsoft items. As for XP; dunno? I am not about to pay that much money for it. I will stay will my handy dandy Linux.
    [shadow]l3aDmOnKeY[/shadow]

Post Who has windows XP?

Im in the Tech Support field ....

An I was just wondering if someone could tell me about the network settings and things of that nature in windows xp.

The thing I do support on does not currently support windows xp all the way cause Microsoft has not told us all what it can do yet proply wont for a month or two. This is what they told us its like windows 2000 pro. An if someone calls up with windows xp were suppose to give it are "best effort". So basically what we feel like doing but I actually want to help people with there problem than just go sorry we dont support that call microsoft. I know how to get the ip address and release/renew it. But I been told you can customize settings for internet explorer something called passport or whatever Im just wondering what all that lets u do. An Internet Explorer 6 comes standard with that correct? Does it have a my computer icon and all that with control panel and a device manager or what? An is getting to the network properties the same as o say windows 2000?

Any Information you could give me would help Im tired of getting cussed at cause I dont know anything about windows xp because microsoft isnt telling my company what all it can do.

Banned
    Originally posted by Aftermath
    But I been told you can customize settings for internet explorer something called passport or whatever Im just wondering what all that lets u do.
    The Passport-system...
    MSN Explorer is linked to a Hotmail-account and a .net-passport.
    You can find more information about the Passport here .
    It basically allows you to buy stuff online from registered Passport-sites, only using one mail-adress and one password...

An Internet Explorer 6 comes standard with that correct?
    It comes standard with it, it keeps asking for it, it freaks the hell out of me... but you don't have to use it if you don't want to...

Does it have a my computer icon and all that with control panel and a device manager or what?
    When you first boot up WinXP, you'll propably think your PC has turned into a Mac... The only pictogram on your desktop is the Recycle Bin. The Start-menu consists of two colums instead of one, but this can easily be changed. Control panel, device manager and network settings are still there...
    Actually, everything you are used to is still there. You'll just have to look for it, I guess.

XP

I don't understand what the hype is with Windows XP. I will continue using Win2k and when that's obsolete I will use a MAC for all my multimedia needs.