Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMFG windows 95 and ME!!!!

sfc is the system file checker and, afaik, its only available with 98 - ME attemtps to take care of system files automatically, 95 doesn't give a toss what happens to the system files.

For the record evilseed, deleting directory's and re-installing over the top of older/different os's is generally considered bad practice - with botched windows installations its better to bite the bullet and reformat/reinstall.
    There is an option to repair internet explorer you should be aware of - start -settings - control panel - add/remove programs - choose internet explorer and you should get the option of repairing/removing ie.

Wait I thought this was the Linux lover, why don't you just admit it you love windows, you love windows.. lol hehehe. Why don't you just put xp on it since it's the best.. lol .

No seriously get linux back on and then reinstall windows, somtimes linux will get the bugs out of windows don't ask me how but I once had a similiar problem. That's what I did and it worked so it's worth a try.

Originally posted by petemcevoy
    sfc is the system file checker and, afaik, its only available with 98 - ME attemtps to take care of system files automatically, 95 doesn't give a toss what happens to the system files.

For the record evilseed, deleting directory's and re-installing over the top of older/different os's is generally considered bad practice - with botched windows installations its better to bite the bullet and reformat/reinstall.
    There is an option to repair internet explorer you should be aware of - start -settings - control panel - add/remove programs - choose internet explorer and you should get the option of repairing/removing ie.

Hey.... i think its cool that my computer boots offering me the option of windows xp or ME (Which I deleted XP) so when it goes to me it shows the windows 95 boot screen (-I **** you not-) and then it does this cool flicker thing with the monitor and goes into gui workin like a champ.. -other than windows media player and unzip utilities...

MY COMPUTER ROCKS.... Windows ME seems to work purty f00kin good on my pc.. always has.... hehhehehhen i bash windows.. yet i use it... how ironic.. heh.. but my ver is F00KED up and im proud of it hahahahahah!!!
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

Maybe there a code to this rebooting ****.....
    you need to reboot 5 million times in order for it to work properly, i think i'm gonna start a test