Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Antipoints

Antipoints

I think the comment field in the antipoints submission box needs to be a required field. I'm hoping it will stop people from being so liberal with antipoints that aren't deserved. I don't know if anybody else has had this problem, but I have. I at least want to see a reason why I'm getting these points. It could also be used to help weed out the antipoints abusers (garbage comments).

Shmoo
    Your upset cause you dont got any. It's okay though, respect me and I'll respect you.

Actually, that's not true, I used to have some until lately. I have had a problem with people giving me negative antipoints with no explanation on posts that seem perfectly fine to me. If I could just get a REASON, I would be happy.

Shmoo
    That sucks, how do you give someone negative antipoints?

You just say you disapprove in the antipoints box.

P.S. Please don't give me any. I didn't do anything.

Shmoo
    Oh yea, I see what you mean now. Don't worry about it man.

stflook...

I agree with you... I think it would be a good idea to require an explanation of why you recieve GOOD or BAD antipoints.

I think it would prevent people from assigning points carelessly!

Let me give you an example: Today I checked my antipoints and found that a few had "grey" incons, and one had a "red". None of these had explanations!

One thing I would like to know is... Do the grey one's count against you?, are they the result of someone voting negative but not having enough seniority to affect your total. And do the red ones mean that a member with more seniority voted negative?

A little clarification from anyone would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Thanks for the support.

I second that question. What ARE the grey antipoints?

There is a thread for that question. The Grey one's mean "balance". If you right click on them and select properties you will notice the filename is: "antipointsbalance.gif"

Here's the link to the thread:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=118944
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

THE Solution!

That force-the-explanation-to-be-given -idea was originally mine (okay, someone else may also have thought this, but I still say it was me who posted it first!), but I've now been thinking this again, so here's my, I think quite a good , new idea:

Now you can give different amount of points depending on if you are a Junior Member, a Member or a Senior Member. What if we add a second variable: anonymity! The formula would be (or could be something like) this:
    Code:
    	Jr Member	Member	Senior
    Anon.	1	2	4
    Name	2	4	8

In "Give AntiPoints" box there would be then a new checkbox, "Publish my name".

Waiting for your comments!

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25