ok, im running win2k. im on a lan at my college dorm. i have some network shares(no worries about getting hacked cause 99% of the people at my school have problems finding the power button on a pc). i just downloaded zone alarm yesterday(until then i was too lazy). ok...i have one app named "Services and Controller app" listening to udp port 1026. i assume that has something to do with file sharing cause yesterday i killed off its net access and people couldnt connect to the shares on my pc(i had my brother check it out) and when i alowed it to be a server in my local subnet they could again. that program is "C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe". the other program is "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services"(C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe). this is the one i am more worried about...it isnt doing anything right now(not trying to connect or act as a server) but i see it several times in my ZA log file. ill c'n'p the lines from the log that apply:

PE,2001/10/30,02:42:57 -5:00 GMT,Generic Host Process for Win32 Services,0.0.0.0:0,N/A
PE,2001/10/30,14:14:55 -5:00 GMT,Generic Host Process for Win32 Services,0.0.0.0:0,N/A

the strange part is that its trying to(i think) connect to "0.0.0.0" on port "0"...that just doesnt make any sence to me...

any help as to wtf these programs are/do would be appreaciated.