5 31.25%
  • Mac

1 6.25%
  • Dos those were the Good Old Days

1 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venting/traffic

Venting/traffic

Hey dipshit, hang up the cell phone and drive!
    You-the fugly lady putting on makeup at the green light, it's not going to help you!
    Gawd...some people (not to mention some peoples children) need a tutorial on pulling their heads out of their.....
    Listen up folks, here's the way it is....
    -tailgating the car ahead of you doesn't move traffic
    -cutting people off doesn't move traffic
    -refusing to let a person merge into your lane doesn't move traffic
    -trying to weave from lane to lane to get around other people doesn't move traffic.
    -blocking intersections when you stop at a light
    ---hell, YOU don't move traffic so "Drive it or Park it...but get it the hell outa my way!"

Whew...sorry folks, just had to get that off my chest, there are some really stupid people in this world and I swear they were all going in my direction this morning!!
    That said, idle curiosity has me wondering about people and their cell phone habbits. I absolutely cannot stand people who constantly have one of the things attached to their ear (especially in traffic.)
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

You forgot the alternative "never-I don't even own a car".
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Hey ZeroOne...how often do you bump into a person, pole or other object because your talking on your cell? (lol..how often have you almost been run over by someone talking on their cell?)
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Gee, I just got my car a few months ago. Now I am trying to figure out how to use my cell while I am on my motorcycle
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Had one gave it to my kid. My main complaint is that Ive almost been hit by drivers with a cell phone stuck to their ear. I dont care if people want these but how many people have to die before they make it illegal to talk on the phone and drive. The worst part is that when cell phone users get in car accidents they try and blame it on the other drivers, it sucks to be them when a cop is following, this one lady had a cop behind her for many miles while she talked on the cell. He only nabbed her when she made an illegal turn and hit a parked car. She went to court to fight the driving while unsafe charges, boy was she surprised when the cop and his partner both got up and testified against her. At least this one only hit a parked car not one full of people like what happened in Florida earlier this year that killed 5 or more people when someone was talking on her cell and crossed the center line wiping out all these people because she couldnt wait to talk. Cell phones have many good uses but not while your driving if its so important to talk to someone then pull off the road to talk.

Thats my 2 cents worth.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

I hate to admit it, but I talk on the cell while driving.... Unfortunately I have to, my Radio as well...comes with job :<

Haven't hit anything yet, and if I have a partner in the car he/she does the talking and I do the driving....
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

I don't have a cell phone, I figure if it was so important to talk to me ya should of contacted me before I left work. If its my wife she'll just have to wait till I get home. I like , not to be bothered at times and getting in my car is the perfect time to release the stress of all the end users with there stupid question through out the day.

My wife wants one, but my therory is that she has trouble driving a straight line now how the hack are going drive and talk on the phone at the same time.

I thought the general chit chat was over with.

They just made it illegal to talk into the cell while driving here in Finland. But it's still allowed if you use a hands-free set.
    Faqt: Not once yet.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Some people just can't do certain things at the same time, and they shouldn't be allowed. I can drive safely while talking on the phone, of course the person on the other end of the phone might have to saysomething again because I'm busy dodging all those F^$king SUV's being driven by sightless women and thoughtless rude jacka$$es.

BTW- I drive a 1983 Honda Civic 1500s. So it's small.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

1983 - ack! I had one. Try not to get crushed.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.