Thread: personal web sites

Post personal web sites

i have wanted to set up a personal web site, but i don't know what i would put on it, help???

every time i work on one, i give up for lack of good ideas, i want mine to be different

and i know HTML and Javascript so don't give me links to tutorials on learning these
    \"I am convinced that societies which live without government enjoy an infinitely greater degree of happiness than those who do.\" Thomas Jefferson

I have the same problem. My personal website is very bland because I have no idea what to put on it. Maybe we can brainstorm together.

In the words of Louie. . . "HRMF" I give up on creating a personal website. . . THIS is what happens every time I do one. . . Some idiot comes along & plays with it.

that sucks, how do you protect against site defaceing?

An idea-tank...I like it...

Back in highschool...for english class...a few buddies and I would work together on writing assignments and give them a title that was so left field of the subject at hand that the teacher would just sit there and scratch her head...for example we wrote a short story about a suicide gone wrong and titled it The Marriage of the Daisy People...now how that ties into what you're asking is do a personal page on The Life and Times of the Legendary Brian Adams and title the page "Why Do Cows Moo and Other Fascinating Tales of the Bovine Underground" or start a forum such as this but make the forum focus on the positive aspects of parsitic lifeforms and how they benefit the people of Afghanistan...
    perhaps you might be interested in hosting a poetry page open to the public to have their poetry on the web I would like that and I am sure that Ennis would as well...plug plug plug....jitters....not enough sleep...too much coffeekkeekkee...my god i have written absolute bull honky (wondering to myself what the hell bullhonky is and if I should actually post this nonsense)....eek...okay I am really scaring myself....oh god they know my evil plans to dominate the grass(my gawd...did I type that outloud?)(whoa did I just type that outloud too?)...hey that leads to another idea for a personal page(just to let you guys know the crack hasn't took total control of all bodily functions)...paranoid schizophria and the application of treatment from the early fifties to the present....I have a whole crap load of ideas...just not ones that would make any sense to anyone but me....

Unhappy Re: An idea-tank...I like it...

Originally posted by tripstone
    Back in highschool...for english class...a few buddies and I would work together on writing assignments and give them a title that was so left field of the subject at hand that the teacher would just sit there and scratch her head...for example we wrote a short story about a suicide gone wrong and titled it The Marriage of the Daisy People...now how that ties into what you're asking is do a personal page on The Life and Times of the Legendary Brian Adams and title the page "Why Do Cows Moo and Other Fascinating Tales of the Bovine Underground" or start a forum such as this but make the forum focus on the positive aspects of parsitic lifeforms and how they benefit the people of Afghanistan...
    perhaps you might be interested in hosting a poetry page open to the public to have their poetry on the web I would like that and I am sure that Ennis would as well...plug plug plug....jitters....not enough sleep...too much coffeekkeekkee...my god i have written absolute bull honky (wondering to myself what the hell bullhonky is and if I should actually post this nonsense)....eek...okay I am really scaring myself....oh god they know my evil plans to dominate the grass(my gawd...did I type that outloud?)(whoa did I just type that outloud too?)...hey that leads to another idea for a personal page(just to let you guys know the crack hasn't took total control of all bodily functions)...paranoid schizophria and the application of treatment from the early fifties to the present....

I have a whole crap load of ideas...just not ones that would make any sense to anyone but me....
    Just like u're this post! didn't make any sense to me, atleast!!

That sucks RogueSpy, and they used FrontPage. LOL. or maybe you are.... J/K.

If you have a hobby post about that on your personal site.

My personal site contains a wealth of information about my hobbies and some other "this and that's". and no... I won't tell you blocks the URL. Don't want it looking like RogueSpy's.

-Manbik

hehbris