View Poll Results: What would you want to use..??

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • NIX

5 45.45%
  • WIN

2 18.18%
  • Lindows

3 27.27%
  • Other

1 9.09%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abusive users.

Banned

hmmm

the way i see it negatif wouldnt have anything to do cause all he does is flame all the script kiddies for the bad grammer etc!

I think we should kick off abusive users becue they annoy everybody and have nothing usefull to say.
    Their threads are fun to watch when the flame wars start.
    BTW what ever happened to Negative, haven't heard much from him lately
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Banned
    yeh i know it has been a while
    hasnt been on icq for a while either??mabey his dead??

Banned

Talking

or in jail???

Banned
    Can you give us an example of an abusive user stflook or who you would like to see go.

Remember Stalin's purges....?

Question

Whats wrong with the Ignore List?
    that's one way individuals can choose not to see or follow those trolls who are begging to be flamed.

J.

Man alive, i leave for 2 days and look what happens!!! everyone is talking about kicking 3v3ry 1 else off!!! WTF! we must learn to ignore such users. and we also need more than one look on stuff. we can't have a narrow, single minded view, it limits out abilities.

-havanger
    Do it now and ask for forgiveness later

alright in my last post i did not mean to sound like god. i just stated the fact that i leave for 2 days and everything (well not everything, but a lot) has changed.

-havanger
    Do it now and ask for forgiveness later

Unhappy *Sighs*

I've been waiting for a thread like this to start:

stflook - I completely agree with you... I think their is alot of people who abuse the forums. I think some people have forgotten that these forum were for Security Discussion. I know there alot of different views on this subject...so I will to address my opinions on them.

#1 - I think alot of people have forgotten that these forums are for security discussion. I admit that a little comic relief and maybe a little offbase discussion is needed. But it should be done so in moderation. I know there are people who would argue that their is a "AO General Chit Chat" forum for "general chit chat", but I believe that alot of people have taken "general chit chat" to the extremes (perhaps everyone has seen Herberis' Threads About MS Mittens)

Solution: I believe that the threads & posts in the "General Chit Chat" should not be displayed on the main page... Why: Because the useless posts make it hard to seperate from the useful and legitimate posts. Let the "General Chit Chat" Forum be used as the "Rant & Rave" Forum.
    Why kick them off? Who would we make fun of then? Its hilarious that these ignorant deviants come on here and try to flame everyone and they just get it thrown right back at them only to drift away like those damn boy bands
    They should be kicked off, because they do not contribute intelligent arguments and post useless garbage! (I'm not going to comment on the -Who would we make fun of then? - because I think your ignorance is already reflected by your statement.
    We can't just get rid of the people we dislike or disapprove of. Thats what Hitler tried to do! People just need to lighten up a little. Don't like what someone has to say than don't reply! Simple as that. Most people on AO are encouraging flamers by responding to flames and even antagonising them with threads such as "another lame post for you bad news".. In my opionon doing things like that are just "feeding the fire" so to speak...
    I agree with you about the idea that responding to flamers only encourages more, but I also think that it is unfair for individuals to HAVE ignore someone. A person should use these forums for their purpose (security discussions) and uphold a respectable attitude. If everyone did so, their would be no "flames" and the need to ignore people would not be essential.
    the way i see it negatif wouldnt have anything to do cause all he does is flame all the script kiddies for the bad grammer etc!
    I assume you mean Negative...although Negative may flame... he has also contributed alot of useful information and has made some very intelligent arguments... which is more than I can say for some members. I think you should get your facts straight!!
    WTF! we must learn to ignore such users. and we also need more than one look on stuff. we can't have a narrow, single minded view, it limits out abilities.
    Again I say...why must we HAVE to ignore users...Please don't attribute narrow, one track thinking in regards to my thoughts on the recent ignorant, ridiculous & useless posts that I have seen lately.

Yes, stflook...I think the abusive users should be delt with...I think a good start (as stated above) would be to have the "General Chit Chat" removed from the front page. I think that would provide a place for individuals to rant & rave, and also allow for more intelligent discussion peak through...

(I will elaborate more on this later, I have a paper to write for a class )
    Simon Templer

\"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. \"
    -The Buddha

Originally posted by Ennis
    Can you give us an example of an abusive user stflook or who you would like to see go.

Remember Stalin's purges....?
    First off, I never stated my opinion here. You just assumed I wanted to see them kicked. You were right though. I do think we should kick the worst of them, like Bad News, and Seb-G. Yes, I remember Stalin's purges, but we're just deleting people's accounts, not killing them.