Thread: help tripstone

help tripstone

I have a question...I was checking my device manager and noticed that there is a problem with a "firmware hub" Now...I know that bios is implemented as "firmware" but what is a "firmware hub" it lists the device as unknown and the problem is there are no drivers installed...i would install the driver if I knew what the hell the device was...it states the mem range as being FFB00000-FFBFFFFF....conflict list says that there are no conflicts and there doesn't seem to be a problem with any part of the OS (other than it being WIN98 SE...actually been pretty stable so far)...I am just wondering what a "firmware hub" is...thanks for any help you can provide....

???

this must not be worth replying to...

Try this site http://www.st.com/stonline/prodpres/...ash/fl_fwh.htm
    hope that was what you are looking for.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

thank you

yes it helped a little...

I found some info for your question. You can probably find a driver for the FWH on Intel's web site. Ive included some info for you that might help familiarize yourself with it also. Good luck!

What is the FWH?
    The IntelĀ® 82802 Firmware Hub (FWH) uses flash technology to store and manage system and video BIOS, eliminating a redundant nonvolatile memory component, and enabling new security capabilities.

Here is a link for a .pdf datasheet.

http://developer.intel.com/design/ch...hts/290658.htm
    Regards,
    Geno

\"Disciples, like diamonds, are developed in a process of time and heavy pressures, and both the disciple and the diamond reflect and magnify the light that comes through them.\"

Neal A. Maxwell

Banned
    Originally posted by HPgeno
    I found some info for your question. You can probably find a driver for the FWH on Intel's web site. Ive included some info for you that might help familiarize yourself with it also. Good luck!

What is the FWH?
    The IntelĀ® 82802 Firmware Hub (FWH) uses flash technology to store and manage system and video BIOS, eliminating a redundant nonvolatile memory component, and enabling new security capabilities.
    This also apllies to Casper's post:

Finding 'firmware hub'-problems can't be solved by typing 'firmware hub' in Google, and quoting the first reference that shows up...

Firmware apllies to either the Bios, or either a USB device.
    The solution? Update the drivers

Firmware HUB definitely refers to a USB device : the USB device's firmware contains all of the information about the device - meaning that if your firmware isn't up-to-date, you have a problem.
    I had the same problem with WinXP: my USB-modem (I know, forgive me) was giving problems (again). Here's the technical explanation (from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

The symptoms of malfunctioning or incorrectly configured firmware might be unusual. Typically, when you remove and then re-add a USB device, the device simply becomes available again. However, the device may appear as a second instance of that device, and load itself as such in Device Manager. If you see duplicates of a device, verify that you have the most up-to-date firmware for that device. This issue is common with USB printers and modems. A similar issue that has the same cause occurs when a device loads a device driver and then adds a second device for which there appears to be no driver. The second device is displayed with an exclamation point in a yellow circle in Device Manager. The device may work correctly, but you cannot remove the "ghost" device until you unplug the parent device that seems to have generated the ghost device. Also, you may be able to resolve this issue by updating the firmware or the device driver for that device.
    If your problem is not in the Knowledge Base, you can call it a feature, not a bug