Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Some Ideas

Just Some Ideas

Here be some ideas that i thought about over the weekend.

1. Let's have a rant and raves forum. i think that a lot of people rant and rave because of frustration from outside venues, not AO. also with this new forum, it would be wize to have it be aonymous, that way people don't go to the forum and start handing out negative antipoints.

also

2. i think that we need to have something more than just junoir member, member, and senoir member titles. anyone and everyone can become one of them. i think that we need to have something that not everyone can become. something that might be based on antipoint or age of user or user activity level. i think it would give people a more of a community feel. for instance someone with over 250 posts and over 100 antipoints (positive that is) could be called an elder. and if someone had over 250 posts and a lot of negative antipoints that would be called a clown or something like that

just some ideas. what do the rest of you think?

-havanger
    Do it now and ask for forgiveness later

Cool.

Havanger,

I like your idea about a "rant and raves forum". If your into this sorta thing you may want to check out SucksDonkeyBalls.

I also think you other idea about a higher level (Elder) and the lower level (Clown). Im not so sure it should be based on only Antipoints or only your number of post. I think maybe a mixture would be a good thing. Also, mabey senoir members can help make a final choice if you are ready for the new levels. I feel with ATLEAST the 3 things mixed we may be able to come to a better decision.

Thanks,

I agree with #1. People need a place to flame people. One of the reasons I join a fourm is to let out aggrivation and what a better way then to do it online to people you'll never meet. Anyway that's just my two cents.

rPc

Banned
    Well I like the idea of a rant and rave forum where you are not anonymous but antipoints cant be given in that forum.

As for titles it's up to others, its only a title in the end.

the reason why i want the rant and rave forum to be completely anonymous because then people can't go to other forums where the option antipoints is avaliable and give someone that raved some negative antipoints.

-havanger
    Do it now and ask for forgiveness later

Idea

I just had a thought. JP should make it so that you CANT give antipoints (Good or Bad) in the Rant and Rave forum...? Cool?

Living to Learn,

Banned
    Ah, yes but then you could go into the rant and rave forum and post malicious rumours, flames about anybody.

E.G.

And then lots of slandering here.

Just a thought.

yea i agree with #1
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

How about no antipoints at all.. I like that idea.

rPc

Yes, we need that. It would be a great place for people to vent without fear of losing their reputations or getting negative antipoints. I like it.