Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Life or Prison !

larryjs

Re: Thoughts

Originally posted by jiffyprogasm
    10 to the 40th is no where near infinity. The bards works do reside somewhere in infinity, problem is we have only expanded out to 10 to the 41st (by now) lol... Infinity goes for infinity for I have cut the bunggee!!!!!
    As we get older our willingness to protest goes down, youth is where it is at. Problem is a lot of the youth of today are satisfied. Eat at my table oh youth of today and be satiated sayeth the darklord. Look around where are the real protests in the world today??? The poorer countries!!! We are fat and happy!!
    And the leaders know that
    I think you TOTALLY misunderstood what I was saying about 10 to the 40th power.
    I never said it was infinity. I simply said that it is the probability barrier for a event to happen in 30 billion years that triggers twice per second in a random fashion. If you read my earlier posts in this thread you will see that my concept of infinity is that it lies outside of our four dimentional conception. I suggest you read the entire thread to see why the thread *snicker*evolved*snicker* in this manner.

I say all hackers, computer geeks and gamers should be given their own country. As part of the infrastructure we will make T3 connections the norm just like and in addition to modern plumbing and electricity. We will get a 99% dsicount on all computer hardware for the first 30 days that it is out. A complimentary Alpha workstation running a Linux flavor of your choice with raid 0 scsi disk setup, dual CPU's, 2GB RAM, 21" trinitron monitor, DVD-burner, CDRW and your choice of video card will be given to all new citizens. All software will be considered Open Source and we will begin by making Linus Trovalds, Eric S. Raymond, and Dmitry Skylarov our Supreme court justices, charged with the initial task of drafting the laws entailing all things computer related.

The schools will teach a variety of subjects to make our kids more well rounded in addition to an emplasis on either OS, Application, or Game programming as part of their regular studies. Hacking courses optional. We will make education our #1 priority by finding the talented among us and offer them teaching positions at insanely large salaries that rival that of any modern athlete. Universities will be absolutely free as long as the student maintains a B average.

As our contribution to the world we will design and build the worlds most rediculously powerfull server ever imagined to run global Quake Team Death Match tournaments as an alternative to conventional war.

Persons of any color, race, religion, nationality, language, style of dress, music likes/dislikes, or any other normally disqaulifying characteristic are welcome.
    Know this..., you may not by thyself in pride claim the Mantle of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity without End.

Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers respect thy Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother or Sister in Wisdom, and you wake up and realize that the Mantle hath lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew not when.

What about the chicken's that play tic tac toe?? or the gorilias that know sign...
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

What about the chicken's that play tic tac toe?? or the gorilias that know sign...
    Sure, we will have a smart animal university. Then we can provide MS with more monkeys to assist with the next version of Windows.

Sorry... I tried so hard to resist.. but, I just couldn't...I am weak that way.
    Know this..., you may not by thyself in pride claim the Mantle of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity without End.

Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers respect thy Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother or Sister in Wisdom, and you wake up and realize that the Mantle hath lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew not when.

larryjs
    Your gonna have to start all over if you want see where this thread ended up at ,zest!!

Originally posted by larryjs
    Your gonna have to start all over if you want see where this thread ended up at ,zest!!
    Okay thanks Larry for all the prompts

* Message here in the thread
    * Private message
    * Urgent email
    * The postman just delivered your 10,000 page overview
    * The motorcycle courier hasn't arrived yet!

I have the vaguest feeling you want me to read what you have said so far and to share my thoughts with you. <g>

PZ

This thread seems to have taken on a bit of a monkey theme, the infinite monkeys typing shakespears work. This is one of the classics in the field of metaphysics and philosophy, the study of, causes of existance and knowledge, ontology.

will it?, could it? how many? what if... nar **** all that!

You get these monkeys started, sat down at their monkey oriented keyboards. Low and behold "I'll be a monkey's uncle" one of them little ****ers has just typed out the entire works. Never mind postulating about 10^40 probability, one monkey in the first batch, done it!

Now the question is how many code monkey's does it take to write Microsoft Windows XP ... dunno ask Bill

PZ

here´s what ya can do with them monkey´s
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile