Thread: Hacker Ethics Questions II

Question Hacker Ethics Questions II

Hello all, I submitted a post a while back concerning hackers and their ethics. I got some good replies, and I thank you for all your help. However, I must be honest. I didn't read everything that was posted, and now know how to find the original thread. So, If you still have something you'd like to say concerning what hackers are truly about, I would love to hear from you. I will gladly read posts on this site, and if you're interested I would love to do an email survey. If you are, please email me at SZachmann@lifeassociates.com. The data recorded from your input will go be used in a study of hi tech culture and hacking as it pertains to modern society. This is a great way for those of you who consider yourselves hackers to clear your names, vent your frustrations, or define what you believe yourself to be. I thank you guys again for all your help and once again apologize for not keeping up on the last post.

P.S.- If you care to reply to this post, the type of info I'm looking for pertains to how hackers feel about the way the world views them. Misconceptions, bad wraps, that sort of thing. Feel free to just vent. Thanks.

Smile a couple of sources

if u really dig ethics and u like history a bit then read a book called: "The Hacker Ethic and the Spirit of the Information Age", by Pekka Himanen (prologue by Linus Torvalds!).
    It's a good book that gets all the way through the hacker ethics...
    Of course there's also The Hackers Manifesto, and The Gospel According to Tux, and many others.... All worth reading.... Happy hunting!
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

Banned
    Check out this post.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=124900

Hope this helps.