Thread: Virii

Question Virii

I was looking through all the files for download on AO and I was surprised at the amount of virii you can get. 500+ virii for download? On a security site? Am I missing something?
    Why am I still here?

i've wondered the same thing. are those downloads just the source code? bc i could totally understand that, i'm kind of afraid to touch those downloads with a 10 foot pole.
    Bradley Lamar

Viri Source Code

It is just the code and it can not harm your machine unless you let it. Although just a beginner in programming they are good to learn from, not necessarily for creating viri either, but for general knowledge.

Their put it here so you can study it.

Lightbulb virii

The virus source code is there for programmers, to learn how they work, the source code is harmless and can be read by a compiler (e.g visual C++), in fact even the .Exe/batch file is harmless untill activated( double click)
    #The only thing to wach out for is that some compilers have a compile function (make into an .Exe) and a compile and run function(make into an .exe and Open) obviously this is desasterous(sp) for your PC if you chose the latter.
    #preep#

Because all the source code are writen in assembly langguage. You need an assembler to compile it. But I really hope no one will abuse it.

I have an old Computer and I have downloaded 300+ virus for fun and to learn. It's not on my network and my kids don't play with it. It's funny to have 100s of virus ad put a virus scan.

I guess posting it two times is well its been a long night sorry.