View Poll Results: Which type of games do you like best?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Role-Playing

7 25.00%
  • Strategy

3 10.71%
  • First Person Shooter

8 28.57%
  • Adventure

1 3.57%
  • Puzzle

0 0%
  • I don't play games, I shoot up heroin..

1 3.57%
  • I don't play games, I get laid..

1 3.57%
  • I play games AND get laid..

6 21.43%
  • I like games where you pretend to shoot up heroin and get laid..

1 3.57%
  • You mean.... this isn't part of the game...?

0 0%

Thread: Moderators?

Banned

Moderators?

From what I can see this site is moderated by JP.

However I've noticed recently a lot of irrelevent topics cropping up. Perhaps if active moderators were keeping an eye on thing's this might change.

Either way Im not to bothered, the site will hardly fall apart with mod's but perhaps they could improve the quality of the site.

What do you all think?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Hey Ennis,

I am like you in that it wouldn't really bother me one way or another but I suspect that JP is overwhelmed with work (or is trying to ignore us loud-mouths in IRC).

I think that what we need isn't necessarily moderators but an encouragement (I don't know if this would be the word I'd use but seems to fit) for users to post useful posts or questions. Not everyone knows where to find the "Fine Manual" to read it nor do they know what the manual might look like. We also have users that cannot spend lots of money on books and courses to learn about some things.

I think that if we had more posts that offered help to users on even the basics of networking (and yes, I am working on a subnetting tutorial) and some basics of computers to help users find their way it would be better. Alternatively pointing users in the direction to learn things does lots to help promote an environment of learning and better quality posts.

But that's just me spewing away.

Banned

My thoughts.

Well Im new here and all.. but, I don't moderation is needed unless people are constantly spewing stupid things out about needing codes or other crap. If they want to post something irrelevent to hacking I assume that would be ok as long as it not a forceive habit. People do have the right to speak their mind, But there is a time and place for everything.

AO lost it's direction, a bit?

I've seen this kind of thing happen before in other sites. Maybe JP has run out of sponsors, money, direction etc etc and AntiOnline is in the throws of decline???

A few months back we saw the big revamp overhaul of the AO look, now we see the News feed dry up and vanish without warning or any explaination from JP.

I got the idea that AO is a security based information site and that's the way I'd like to see it continue. Personally I'd like to see the ChitChat forum vanish from the main page and only have the Security information forums appear in the listing. If people want to have the ChitChat, that's fine but lets have it linked off the main screen not in it.

AntiOnline seems to have lost it's way a little recently and maybe putting someone back at the helm for the daily direction is needed.

PZ

I think moderators are a great idea, after all JP can't spend 24/7 checking the forums. Perhaps one moderator for each forum would be a good rule of thumb?

I asked about this a while ago (see if you can dig up my old post on this forum) and JP said only staff of AO could be moderators, so perhaps he just doesn't trust anyone enough (do you blame him?).
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

moderators

Hey! All sites based oj any sector of computing have lost sponsorship as it is thought of a dying buisiness sector. This site has no need for moderators really! If moderators where appointed there would be more arguments over threads! (I got into the moderator crowd at www.cheatingdome.com) since i started 5 new mods have been apointed and this has lead to others leaving! If JP does decide on moderators i would advise him to pick carefully and not over populate the moderating team!!

This is exactly why I wanted Private forums... The idea being that you could have an area that is moderated by people who (no offense to JP, et cetera) you can get in touch with. I've submitted a Private Forum request, and if it goes through I'll see about the access-control stuff. I already submitted a list of four/five moderators for the private forum, so we'll see how it turns out, I guess.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency