Thread: reply suggestion

reply suggestion

Could you put up a button for when someone posts a reply to a thread, that on the bottom where people who posted replies previously have a button in their reply that lets you quote them, instead of having to do a drag and drop to try and quote them.
    The kind I'm talking about is like the ones when you click on the thread to read it and they have "quote","edit", and "report".
    Thanks
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

That already exists. Unless, of course, you're talking about putting one on the page where you type your reply.

That already exists. Unless, of course, you're talking about putting one on the page where you type your reply.
    That is what I meant. Where you type the reply on the bottom where it says topic review next to ech reply have the "Quote" button. so we don't have to do a copy and paste to quote people.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Also it would be nice if we could have a way to say who the quote is from. Sometimes I am quoting from a person who posted the second response out of 30 and it is hard to understand who I am talking about.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Preacher, Thats what I was trying to say. You said it better though. I guess I wasn't clear enough. Thanks

So... on the reply-composing page, below the composing-box, all of the previous posts which are summarized there have a little 'quote' button on them, which inserts their text into the bottom of your current message just as if you had clicked 'quote' while viewing the thread?

I like that idea, but you would be limited to using 'quick-quotes' from only the last page of messages.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

We Need a Name Field!

Also it would be nice if we could have a way to say who the quote is from. Sometimes I am quoting from a person who posted the second response out of 30 and it is hard to understand who I am talking about. - ThePreacher
    I would like this very much!

As you can see I usually add a -UserName inside the quot tags.

Alive to Learn,

Originally posted by casper3699

That is what I meant. Where you type the reply on the bottom where it says topic review next to ech reply have the "Quote" button. so we don't have to do a copy and paste to quote people.
    In that case, I agree with you.