Thread: The Color of Money

The Color of Money

I've been talking to some friends of mine on the topic of computer prices and someone pointed out that with the recent minor increase in the unemployment, especially within the technological fields, that prices on computer hardware will likely start to raise within a few months. Anyone know anything else about this, seen any trends that might support/deny this? Should I get my pennies together for those upgrades now or can I wait a little longer still?

Re: The Color of Money

Originally posted by Devaris
    I've been talking to some friends of mine on the topic of computer prices and someone pointed out that with the recent minor increase in the unemployment, especially within the technological fields, that prices on computer hardware will likely start to raise within a few months. Anyone know anything else about this, seen any trends that might support/deny this? Should I get my pennies together for those upgrades now or can I wait a little longer still?
    How about something A wee bit more intelligent

such as american bills are made of mostly cotton. And that if you go out and buy a 48bit color supporting scanner you can actually scan the actual color of american dollars and if you buy a dye sublimination printer (They are kinda expensive and i dont mean the sony mavica printers) you can print out a close duplicate that will f00l any type of vending machine...

----Geeks know this stuff
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

Banned

BUY NOW ..

While you still can.. ROFL.. I think the economy is going to come back soon.. but you never know.. I think your best bet is to buy components and build one from scratch.. Price Watch is a good site to check out for components. Or if you want to buy a computer from scratch. I suggest that you buy from one company though because the shipping from mulitple company would equal your savings.. and therefore be worthless.

Question

How about something A wee bit more intelligent
    such as american bills are made of mostly cotton. And that if you go out and buy a 48bit color supporting scanner you can actually scan the actual color of american dollars and if you buy a dye sublimination printer (They are kinda expensive and i dont mean the sony mavica printers) you can print out a close duplicate that will f00l any type of vending machine...
    Retard.

That to be is doing somthing a wee bit more stupid, illegal.

No the economy and the technology won't go up for a little while when you see alot of layoffs it means that company's are not raising prices but taking layoffs as a form of a paycheck. You will see it rise with Christmas. But right now I would say wait till after the season.

Originally posted by freeOn

Retard.

That to be is doing somthing a wee bit more stupid, illegal.

No the economy and the technology won't go up for a little while when you see alot of layoffs it means that company's are not raising prices but taking layoffs as a form of a paycheck. You will see it rise with Christmas. But right now I would say wait till after the season.
    I was just makin it up..

Heh.. I dunno.. it was the same type of evil streak that caused me to put windows xp on my box.
    ------------EViLSEED

Yea windows xp is truely evil....
    I guess should say I'm just kidding.....
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

well from my understanding of economics if something isn't selling bad, you don't raise the price. then no one would buy it. duh. and with a free market, it always evens out, unless of course (which you can always count on) the gov't to interveen. for instance, the ford explorer would be no more, because it sux. that's what the market said. we don't want it, so we wont buiy it. but instead the gov't (being the smart ones they are), gave ford a few pennies to make more explorers. how retarded is that? but to answer your question, no, i don't see the prices going up at all.

-havanger
    Do it now and ask for forgiveness later

Question ....

Originally posted by thor
    Yea windows xp is truely evil....
    I guess should say I'm just kidding.....
    Errr.. Wrong...

I am evil...

XP is crap...
    ------------EViLSEED

Thumbs down HEY FBI! LOOK!

you can print out a close duplicate that will f00l any type of vending machine...
    That is illegal and I would see someone doing something like that as a criminal. A thief.