Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stalking on public computers

stalking on public computers

I participated in a chat room with Vranesevich and he gave me
    some very useful advice. However, the hackers that are tracking me to public computers are particularly destructive. They completely took over my e-mail address. It will be interesting to
    see if they are able to block me from participating in this forum.

The way it works is they put a code into the computer and suddenly the computer is being operated off-line. How and why the hackers are doing this is still a mystery. It has to do with
    a vendetta but why this particular kind of harrassement is still
    not known. It does effect everyone who uses these computers
    as usually one computer is shut-down. In this line of computers the usual sign is up that says a computer is temporarily out of service.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

ummm, I really can't make heads or tails of what your trying to say, but from what information I was able to get from your post it sounds like maybe you have a trojan.

The way it works is they put a code into the computer and suddenly the computer is being operated off-line
    Im not sure what you mean like this, but if it is a trojan, then someone could remotely shut down or disconnect your computer

]They completely took over my e-mail address
    this could also be accomplished using a keylogging function available on many trojans

I would advise getting a cleaner or virus scanner if you dont have one already - you can get a good cleaner at http://www.moosoft.com

I may be able to give better advice to you than this but you will have to be more clear in your post what your problem is.....like I said, I can't really figure out what your trying to ask
    Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune

Re: stalking on public computers

Originally posted by durangowinter
    The way it works is they put a code into the computer and suddenly the computer is being operated off-line.
    Do you mean that it seems like someone is controlling your computer (besides you), yet you are not connected to the internet? Try physically disconnecting your modem/lan cable.

How and why the hackers are doing this is still a mystery. It has to do with
    a vendetta but why this particular kind of harrassement is still
    not known. It does effect everyone who uses these computers
    as usually one computer is shut-down. In this line of computers the usual sign is up that says a computer is temporarily out of service.
    What? Let me get this straight... you have a bunch of public computers. (Like in a library) and one is usually off... What does this out-of-order computer have to do with everything? Where is this? Who are you?

Believe it or not, we (people on board) can't find out everything about you including your credit history, buying habits, and favorite kind of pokemon just from this post.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned
    Believe it or not, we (people on board) can't find out everything about you including your credit history, buying habits, and favorite kind of pokemon just from this post.
    i know everyones favorite kind of pkemon!!!!!

hehe just kidding!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Talking

durangowinter,

Perhaps you could give us more details about the setup (Operating Systems used, AntiVirus software and date of last update, method of connection to the Internet).

Off-hand and based on the limited information that you have given us, I'd have to agree Evil Homer. Sounds like a trojan (most common ones include NetBus, SubSeven, BackOrifice.) And like what has been suggested before disconnect them.

In fact, a good course of action would be to download all your updates, disconnect the computers from the Internet, clean them of the trojans (assuming that is the culprit), install a good firewall (go to here for a discussion on firewalls http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=116174), and then connect them to the Internet.

And if, as Terr is attempting to acertain, you are in a public place, you need to be more viligant in your monitoring of your users and what they are putting on the computers. Ensure that the desktops are locked down and software cannot be installed without proper authorization. The discussion of DeepFreeze (http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=126451) indicates that its a pretty good program provided you do the desktop setup properly.

Hope this helps and please come back with more info.

call a priest and get an exorcism

Go to the archives search for details on sub7,netbus and keyloggers....use the power of net to your benefit...and after that write a new post about your enlightment...give atleast an hour to yourself....happy hunting

Exclamation sphincter

Originally posted by acfredricks
    call a priest and get an exorcism
    It's too late for that! Call a doctor and get an enima! I think that's the only way to save yourself. I just read about this the other day, it sounds like they've used on of these new "Anal Trojans" that are inserted in your sphincter and it allows them to track you on any computer you use. This explains how they have found you no matter where you are. Save yourself, for we all know who you are, where you live, and what you look like! BTW, nice shirt!

But if you don't want to get an enima, listen to ms mittens, she's got some good starting points..........................
    l8r,
    Pr3shuR
    ----------
    always

I can see this is probably not the place to address this situation.
    I will ad this comment - during the shut-down in SFO I happened to be there and the San Francisco chronicle had an article about using a dummy computer to control a group of computers - since this happens to me on a regular basis I
    can usually spot a computer that is shut-down. It is actually very sophisticated - I believe the person in question is connected to a group called Happy Hackers and these people are for hire.
    I have watched these guys - I think the code is a password that
    as I said before transfers information off line.

You want to be a fiction writer or what
    \"SI JE PUIS\"