Thread: Dns

Unhappy Dns

Can someone help me with this. I'm getting this error message in syslog.log. I'm not sure what it is telling me. If you know of sites that could help as well, I would appreciate it. Thanx

error message

named [481:see dns could not receive PM Token
    Regards,
    Geno

\"Disciples, like diamonds, are developed in a process of time and heavy pressures, and both the disciple and the diamond reflect and magnify the light that comes through them.\"

Neal A. Maxwell

Re: named [481:see dns could not receive PM Token

I *am* wing'in it here, but that sounds like a BIND related issue.
    Probably a temporary one at that.

I would recommend checking /var/run for named.pid

If it is not there create it /*with same attributes/permissions as
    your other x.pid files. */

If it is there rename it to see if that resolves the issue.

Hope this helps, would be interested to know what you did to resolve it when you get it fixed.
    Know this..., you may not by thyself in pride claim the Mantle of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity without End.

Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers respect thy Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother or Sister in Wisdom, and you wake up and realize that the Mantle hath lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew not when.

UberC0der thanks for replying. I actually fixed the problem on Friday. I noticed that the customer had there netconf file set to the wrong lancard (lan0 when should have been lan1) and also they were wanting to go 100FD and that and it's config file were not set up properly either. So after fixing that and stoppong andrestarting the network and named, it worked. I had also checked /var/run, and the syslog.pid permissions were set wrong as well. After fixing all of that, so far so good
    Regards,
    Geno

\"Disciples, like diamonds, are developed in a process of time and heavy pressures, and both the disciple and the diamond reflect and magnify the light that comes through them.\"

Neal A. Maxwell

Re: cool

Glad to hear you got it fixed, thanks for letting me know what you did.
    Know this..., you may not by thyself in pride claim the Mantle of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity without End.

Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers respect thy Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother or Sister in Wisdom, and you wake up and realize that the Mantle hath lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew not when.