Thread: I can figure out windows and unix but why not Mac?

I can figure out windows and unix but why not Mac?

Why is it that windows and Unix have those lovely built in features for hackers to use such as on windows you can use ms dos prompt to connect to someones computer and from there you pretty much have complete control...im not to sure on how Unix stuff works but resources are available to learn it. Why is it that on mac os 9.x or below(not sure about os x cuz its unix based) i can not find a built in feature such as DOS or Unix?

Re: I can figure out windows and unix but why not Mac?

Originally posted by H@K9
    Why is it that windows and Unix have those lovely built in features for hackers to use such as on windows you can use ms dos prompt to connect to someones computer and from there you pretty much have complete control...im not to sure on how Unix stuff works but resources are available to learn it. Why is it that on mac os 9.x or below(not sure about os x cuz its unix based) i can not find a built in feature such as DOS or Unix?
    "Complete control"? Are you talking about unsecured windows shares? What is it you are looking for, really? Telnet? Or something like a shell-login? Are you trying to set up your mac to allow people to connect to you, or are you trying to find mac programs to connect to other OSes? There should be a mac-os Telnet program around there somewhere. I would be surprised if there wasn't one.

But if you are trying to get into someone else's computer without their permission, I'm afraid I won't help you.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

A million things can be done with the combination of appletalk (users and groups..os7.1 i think..dont know the newer name) and ppp access.

What is there that you want to know? Like terr said, no we will not help you break into someone's computer, but if you have a more inocent question, shoot them up here. Try to be a bit more specific. perhaps "i wish to connect to and use the shell account at my ISP, how?"
    visit clublouie.com!!