15 50.00%
  • win

14 46.67%
  • mac os

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better Avatars!

Better Avatars!

After looking at all of the avatars that are offered by default to Junior Members, I find the selection of avatars stocked, but at the same time quite horrendous. My reason for this lies in the insane number of...POKéMON avatars! How many of our users use Pokémon avatars (not saying anything against those people who do), and why are there so many of them?! In my personal opinion, we should categorize the avatars in to seperate sections, so if say (--insert user-name here--) wanted an avatar of say, a Pokémon, he or she could go to the Pokémon section and choose one of the MANY avatars that would be located there (plenty to choose from...note how I keep noting the fact of the special little "é" instead of a plain "e" when mentioning Pokémon!), or any other section of avatars that would be listed on the avatar page...

It a suggestion nothing more...with a shiny poll added!
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

I agree. When I first came here I was scared by the horrendous amounts of Pokemon. Isn't that a little kid thing? Do little kids hack or care about security? I thought it was just adolecents and up...

Categories would make it easier.
    Why am I still here?

Yeah, I spent 20 minutes just trying yo get pas tthe humongous crowd of Pokèmon avatars, with no sight of land
    --It\'s all good... (Except for Windows ME)--

It's a Conspiracy!!!

Yes, it's a conspiracy.. Nintendo and John.. Uh.. Vran... Vrane.. uh.... JP.. are one person!!! Ingenious! He uses this site to promote POKéMON.. (En Garde Psychosquee.. I can use ascii characters as well.. Ascii character 233.. hehe..) So what do we do..? We must buy POKéMON.. Buy.. Buy.. POKéMON.. Nope.. that subliminal stuff never worked on me... YES!! I just caught the contradictasaur!!

=]:
    ~®¥ÅzÄÑ°FF~

Elen sila lumenn omentielvo..

After 45 posts, it really doesn't matter much anymore. Get to that point, and you can have a cool one like mine.

I see you changed your avatar to a penguin. You leap at that every chance you get, don't you? Penguin mints, Tux logos on your chemistry reports, penguin stuffed animals......I could go on forever. Get to 45 posts and you can get a cool Tux avatar instead of a generic penguin. LONG LIVE THE ALMIGHTY TUX!!!

By the way, I agree with you. That's an awful lot of avatars to just have thrown on there any which-way. Some categorization would help a lot.

Merry, merry happy land...where cheerleaders and popular people suffer and the oppressed are treated like gods...and IT profressionals don't get slammed with impossible questions from idiots and stupid people who depend on Windows to save their sorry asses!
    Love the signature!

i don't need no stinkin avatar....
    I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.....

Cyanide cocktail anyone? (with a pineapple twist, of course..)

ya, after 45 posts it doesn't quite matter anymore. Anyone like my avatar? I got the viking soldier from a cool graffitti artist named seak

You like?
    - Stronzo

\"Vini, Vici, Vidi\"
    I came, I saw, I conquered.
    - Julius Caesar

I like this idea. I had thought it this way: We should be able to get a list of files in the avatars-directory, every avatar name functioning as a link to the picture. That way we could easily search for the avatar with Ctrl+F, eg. "dilbert.gif", "bat*.gif", "poke", "whatever*.*".

-ZeroOne
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

JP has a lot of good avatars up, but I came across a problem when trying to insert my own custom avatar. It was never small enough. It would be nice if you could allow the avatars to be 50X60. This would allow for more headroom.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Banned
    Man was I so happy when I get to change from my crappy avatar and got to choose my own. This is my third since I began uploading my own.