Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Search Engine?

Dogpile!!!!!

http://www.dogpile.com

Dogpile is by faaaaaaar the best. Dogpile is meta-search that sreaches like 15-20 search engines for you in one go. Including google,yahoo,lycos...ect.

Originally posted by Rewandythal
    Yahoo is *very* slow... and the whole Yahoo site takes forever to actually provide you with anything useful
    I have to say that I disagree with you. I have never had any problems with Yahoo being slow, and it's the only search engine I can get anything useful from. If you're on 56K, I can see some speed problems considering everything that has to load. For me, though, it works fine. Let us also not forget that Yahoo used to be powered by Google, which a lot of people seem to like so much.

Google and webferret
    they have never failed me.

I mainly use google and a program called Copernic (for querying lotsa search engines).. It has lots of cool features as part of it...
    of course the disadvantage of it is quite clear.. you have to have it installed......
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Cool

I use Yahoo . Even using a 56k modem it is fast and I always find what I am looking for. I also have a website and two E-mail accounts with them.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

my favourite is Google but if u are looking something realted to security and hacking astalavista.com

Thumbs up Many.

Banned

C4

i like google, but id definaely have to say that http://www.c4.com is my favorate.... with C4 you can put quote marks around your search to make it look for that exact phrase in he websie... C4 searches multiple search engines and gives you a percetage as to how acurate he search was.

Google is by far the best search engine. It loads the fastest, returns results far quicker than any other search engine, and has probably the most pages in it's index.

Go Google!
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Banned
    Originally posted by Matty Cross
    I mainly use google and a program called Copernic (for querying lotsa search engines).. It has lots of cool features as part of it...
    of course the disadvantage of it is quite clear.. you have to have it installed......
    Copernic rocks, seriously it is great for finding info no search engine could find as fast. I didnt think there was many Copernic users!