Thread: Civilization III

Civilization III

Right well this certaintly doesn't have to do with security so i'll make it short. what are you oppionions on Civilization III. Good and bad, i want to know so can decide on weather to get it for my cousin.

-havanger
    Do it now and ask for forgiveness later

It sucks. yet another monotonous game. Try classics like StarCraft, Warcraft III, Mech 4, Tribes 2 and the like. Now those are some kickass games.
    Those who are awake all live in the same world.
    Those who are asleep live in their own worlds. -Heraclitus

All Your Base!

If you like other Sid Meier games you'll like this one....just like civ 2 was civ 1 with features added, civ 3 is civ 2 with many additions and improvements. Not spectacular from a technical standpoint, but it's really not a game you play for the graphics
    Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune

Cool

I played it, but it just couldn't keep my attention as long as "Sim City 3000" has. By the way what are your opinions on "Black and White". I always wanted to be a God.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Arrow

Originally posted by ThePreacher
    I played it, but it just couldn't keep my attention as long as "Sim City 3000" has. By the way what are your opinions on "Black and White". I always wanted to be a God.
    i gave up after counting150>>>> preacher how many bullets does that gun actually hold?

Civilization 3 is a pretty cool game if you know how to play it, or atleast read the instructions first, and its pretty addicting if you are into games that take atleast somewhat of a brain to play.

Most people that I have heard say "this game sucks" are the ones that never played the previous versions, installed it and started playing without reading any of the 200 page manual, couldn't figure anything out, quit after 10 minutes, and went back to pointing and shooting in quake 3.

syxx@attrition.org

ThePreacher: Black and White got really tiring quickly, because you had to manage your worshippers to much.... they were waaay too dependent on you and it got annoying...

Also, the creature AI left a lot to be desired, and often your creature would do stuff that you didn't approve of, and all the beating in the world wouldn't stop it from doing it again...

but it is a good game to play for a while..... very little longevity though...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Cool

I was hoping that Black and White would be a good game. Ill probably still get it. By the way Ive got one of those extra large clips in the gun(1000 rounds).
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19