Thread: IE https certificate attack (again).

Post IE https certificate attack (again).

A flaw in Microsoft Internet Explorer allows an attacker to perform a SSL Man-In-The-Middle attack without the majority of users recognising it. In fact the only way to detect the attack is to manually compare the server name with the name stored in the certificate.

You can read more in the original article here.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    And it's any wonder why I don't use IE anymore and instead use a much more compliant and superior product otherwise known as Opera 6.0 ? I think MS wins the prize for "Most bugs in a single year". Way to go MS! And to think, about four years ago, if you were an "MCSE" (something which means you took a 3 week crash course), it was highly vaunted. Yeah right...anyone that's an MCSE calling me up about how to blow out the partition table for a disk that had linux on it can't be that knowledgeable. Go figure.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Originally posted by Vorlin
    Yeah right...anyone that's an MCSE calling me up about how to blow out the partition table for a disk that had linux on it can't be that knowledgeable. Go figure.
    Hey now, I've been screwing up linux partitions long before I took those mcse exams. To think my course was only two-weeks long as well, damn I think I'm ahead of the game. I had a point to responding to this before I starting writing, damnit, oh well, I think I wanted to say something like not everyone who knows microsoft is a dimwit.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.