I just saw something very interesting in my Apache access log. It was about 50-100 pages of this:

‚‚‚‚‚‚ƒƒƒ„„„‚‚‚€€€€€€‚‚‚ƒƒƒ€€€~~~}}}{{{|||}}}}}}|||{{{|||{{{yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyzzz{{{|||}}}|||{{{{{{zzzzzzyyywwwuuuvvvxxxwwwwwwvvvtttssssssqqqmmmlllnnnqqqoooppprrrpppnnnnnnpppmmmllllllnnnppprrrqqqoooooollliiieeedddbbb`````````^^^^^^VVVWWWYYY]]]ZZZWWWYYYZZZ[[[^^^cccdddbbb___^^^```cccaaaeeehhhgggbbbccceee]]]ccccccccc```^^^___GGG%%%

$$$"""(((BBBeeeyyy***ŒŒŒ‹‹‹‹‹‹ŽŽŽŽŽŽŒŒŒŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽiiiOOO OOORRRWWW!!! JJJ OOORRRWWW!!! JJJ OOORRRWWW!!! JJJ OOORRRWWW!!! JJJ OOORRRWWW!!! JJJ <<<•••***‰‰‰‹‹‹___$$$ZZZ???***@@@TTT{{{******|||BBBWWW******‚‚‚===

***---###%%%

......666@@@uuu‹‹‹‡‡‡ˆˆˆ‰‰‰GGG;;;aaaiiiNNN===&&&'''OOO<<<

I would like to know what this is, and if it is indeed an attack and not just the software going nuts, what the hell were they trying to do? The only thing I can think of is some lamer script kiddie flood attack. I looked at my site, and it appears unharmed. I have no addresses or anything linking this to any person. That's one reason I suspect this may just be the software.