Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: when you say "d@mn, this sucks"

Talking when you say "d@mn, this sucks"

You ever get it where you made that really stupid stupid mistake? wanna share? perhaps you formatted your harddrive and didn't have a flopy drive or something.. Feel free to share your stories!
    visit clublouie.com!!

oops..forgot

i suppose i shoudl post mine right? haha:

i was programming wiht a vic20/commodore 64. There is a command ...a system call "sys 64802" which resets the computer. Well this particular computer did not have a disk drive, so anything was kept in RAM until it was reset or turned off. I made this really cool program, and decided to put the sys command in there. I finished about 1000 lines of code. I tested it and it all worked. except for the system call. I was about to write it all down but i decided i better test that out before i write it down. Needless to say, it worked...and erased three or more hours ofwork and 1000 codes of commodore64 BASIC ugh... keep in mind, uh hum..cough coug...that that was 8 years ago
    visit clublouie.com!!

Talking

Stupid mistakes? Me? Never.

Well there was this one time when I was in peripherals class and I accidently plugged the power for the system board in backwords. No one thought that the smoke and sparks was funny.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Angry GRRR!

I am a Computer Technician and I was sent out to fix a computer that was not connecting to the network. This is usually something pretty easy to fix. I started working and was getting no where. I worked for a little over an hour before I realized that network cable was not plugged into the wall! Usually I check the simple things first, but for some reason I did not that day. I wasted alot of time and felt pretty stupid! Remember kids, start with the easy stuff!

I was once called for a printer not printing. As soon as I got there I noticed it was not plugged in. Glad I caught that one!

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Stupid... Me... Never...

1) Was in Africa over a 3 week period working on computers. They use 220 or 240 electricity instead of 120. Plugged a monitor into the wall, turned it on, and wham! It was fried.

2) formatted a hard drive without backing up my 3 book reports and the first half of my term paper. That sucked.

3) My friend asked me to look at his system (Sound wasn't working.) So I worked on the software end of it for around a hal-hour and got nothing. Later I walked over and checked the speaker plug-in, and that was the prob. The speakers weren't plugged in. hehe...

thats the spirit!

here to add:

1) spent an hour or less ona comptuer that had not the phone line plugged into the wall...

2) some lady called in and said her comptuer was fubar..so i spent havel and hour working on it..turns out not plugged into the wall
    visit clublouie.com!!

this has nothing to do with hacking, but i consider it the most stupid, yet most fun, thing i have ever done...

me and my friends decided to climb onto the roof of a local school, and see who could stay up there the longest without jumping/getting busted by the cops

one guy called the cops on purpose beforehand, and then we went up..
    i was running from the cops for about 10 minutes (a long ass time running around on a roof) before i jumped off from 2 stories, and ran for my life, and i won,

please don't flame me im just a teen, hehehe
    \"I am convinced that societies which live without government enjoy an infinitely greater degree of happiness than those who do.\" Thomas Jefferson

heehee.. a long time ago, i went toilet papering with some firends...
    well anyways, i was the only one not wasted out of my mind,bu ti had drunk alot of soda...so after a time of driving int he country searching for a house..i had to pee

so i pulled the car over...well evveyron else was saying that they wanted to see me pee or soemethign stupid..so i turned off the lights and quickly ran out there and started. well, they coudn't find the lights , so the finally put on the blinker..so being the funny guy i am, i started dancing (while peeing)... they all thought it was funy too..so did i..until i noticed that i wans't exaclty careful...no, there wans' any wetspots on my pants...

it was all in my shoe.

yah, totaly un related to the comptuer industry but hey, you gotta know something abut those who work on comptuers..perhaps i shoudl ahve named this the stupidty thread
    visit clublouie.com!!

how about this:

after getting my new last year(first one i got and loaded all the stuff including os from scratch), i spent days and days trying to figure out why the hell i couldnt get it to see the HD. i figured there was a problem with the Mobo and was just a few days away from RMAing(Return to Manufacturer Authorisation...basically sending it back cause its broken) it. finally i figured out that i had the HD in the ultra-100 plug(sorry, cant think of the proper term...its nearly 6am and i need sleep) instead of the standard IDE.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Exclamation Fonts!

Here is something else that came to mind.

Years ago I was helping a friend clean up his hard drive.
    He had all kinds of fonts that were never used so we decided to delete them. During all the mass deletion of fonts we had throw away some fonts that were needed by windows! I do not recall what fonts those were but yes, it sucked! Does anyone know of all the fonts that *must* stay on your computer? I assume this might very from OS to OS.