This is my first post in these forums....

I'm currently working on a corporate project that involves setting up the hosting of our web site in our offices. I'm not a MSFT sys admin (i rather prefer development, but how can I explain this to my boss Mr. "let cut down the budget"?), so regarding issues like security and performance I feel kind of lost. I have some concerns, and i'd be glad if any one can help me here.

1.- Where can I find guides or checklist that help me to make a secure win 2k server installation?. I've found some at microsoft website, but I'd prefer other sources to get objectives recommendations. I found a couple that talk exclusive about securing IIS 5, and they are usefull. ¿Any body knows if out there exist some like that for SQL server boxes?.

2.- I've been investigating about IPsec. I'm still not sure what the hell it is but, is it worthy to continue the research?

3.- Finally, I'm thinking to use a linux box to Firewall and NAT (masquerading) services.... anybody can recommend source information to setup a Red Hat 7.1 box to acomplish that?

BTW, if you see any misspelled word in my post it's just because I'm from Venezuela... thank you guys