Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex. Source Code for media player

Question Ex. Source Code for media player

Ok I had this great idea last night, it involves programming a media player. My question is does anyone know where or have some source code of a media player so I can look and see how it is that they were able to set up the streaming data. You know like watching news pics on the net, or listening to the radio on the net. I plan on making a media player for extra credit for my programming class. And I have a buddy who's doing all the GUI interface stuff. After were done were going to put it up on the net for free. Big project need help.

hehbris
    freshmeat.net

my media player

couldnt play streaming media until i downloaded a codec
    if youd like i can send you that,or perhaps the windows media/related links pages could be of use.But moral support i
    have plenty for you both and cannot wait until you create this player you speak of,Im anxious to check it out because i dont know how to make my own "YET" good luck and im lookin for source code so if i find anything ill post....... seeee ya

Hell yeah send it over my way e-mail is free0n@yahoo.com. Anything will help right now. My project for school is due in like 3 weeks. It was just assigned to us today. So I really have to get moving. I want to make it free source and try to install some new features, but don't really want to talk about it because I want it to be original. Thanks man.

okie dokie

oh ok, lol.

Lightbulb these would help better than my mere codec(that i cant even find)

i went to
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ad/default.asp
    and found these two

Windows Media Encoder 7.1

An easy-to-use, powerful production tool that enables content developers to convert both live and prerecorded audio, video, and computer screen images to Windows Media Format for live and on-demand delivery. Now encodes Windows Media Audio and Video 8!

Windows Media Encoding 8 Utility
    A command line tool for creating the best quality on-demand streaming or download-and-play Windows Media 8-based video

Cool

when I took advanced visual basic, it seems that media playing capabilities, probably using windows media player, were built into Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0. I created a simple program that played wav files and had a playlist.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Yeah I haven't learned VB yet but I'm guessing it's possible to do in C++. I would be glad to look at to so I can get a better idea if I'm on the right track or not. Was it really complicated to read music files I've never tried it, I can get C++ to read so other files but live audio, ? lol. Mail it to me

P.S. look in your AO mail thing.

Cool

Ill mail you the program as soon as I find the disc its on. Took that class over a year ago so Ive got it lost in a jumble of hundreds of discs.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19