Okay here is the scenerio....

I have an HP Omnibook 4150 (PII 300MHZ, 192Mb ram) running windows 98 (Not SE, company image) Yesterday I brought up a pdf documentwith adobe and wanted to print the file (22 pages) After processing the 22 pages to print my computer lokked up, (ran out of resources) couldn't open folders nothing. After a bit I received a popup window that said explorer.exe could not start, reinstall windows. After rebooting I ran sfc (system file checker) which pointed out that user.exe appeared corrupted so I had it fix the file by rplacing it with a file from the cab directory. It finished the rest of the check, finding nothing else wrong, and wanted to reboot. I did and right before it gets to the login prompt it reboots again. It seems to load all the drivers and when it gets to that point (login point) it errors out (with no message being displayed) and reboots. I tried booting into Safe mode and the same thing happens. I can get to safe mode command prompt level and regular command prompt level and that's it. I tried going through the step by step confirmation to na avail. When I get to the last step and it executes, you guessed it, it reboots. Does anyone out there have any idea on what my be the problem and how to fix. I would greatly appreciate it.