Thread: Ad-aware help

Question Ad-aware help

I use a program called Ad-Aware, for spy-ware removal. I noticed on lavasoft's web site, www.lavasoftusa.com , that you can also download a program called refupdate to keep your reference files up to date. The problem is, it doesn't include a proxy support and I'm behind a company firewall. Does anyone know how to get these reference updates without using this refupdate program or if someone has figured out a solution around the proxy problem. Many thanks.
    Regards,
    Geno

\"Disciples, like diamonds, are developed in a process of time and heavy pressures, and both the disciple and the diamond reflect and magnify the light that comes through them.\"

Neal A. Maxwell

AntiOnline Senior Member
    I am behind a proxy and it worked fine for me... So idk what the prob is...

This is the error I receive when I try to connect to the 3 sites.

Failed.
    Could not complete request.
    Additional info: Socket Error # 10060
    Connection timed out.
    Regards,
    Geno

\"Disciples, like diamonds, are developed in a process of time and heavy pressures, and both the disciple and the diamond reflect and magnify the light that comes through them.\"

Neal A. Maxwell

What do you mean it doesn't include proxy support? I just downloaded and installed the update from behind my proxy, and it worked fine for me. I think your problem lies elsewhere, but I couldn't tell you where, unless your company firewall maybe blocks the port that the update program uses.

If your company firewall doesn't allow refupdate to connect,you can go to the downloads section at lavasoft and manually download the current signature updates yourself,after downloading place the new reflist.sig file in the lavasoft adaware directory,first saving the old reflist.sig file,renaming it reflist.bak,next time you start adaware it will use the new sig file.
    \"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he,himself,does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss,the abyss also gazes into you\"

Friedrich Nietzche

Thx ronin13, I went there but must have overlooked it. Sig files are now updated.Thx again.
    Regards,
    Geno

Neal A. Maxwell