Thread: Mtu possibly ?

Mtu possibly ?

Hello people,

I'm just wondering if anyone can help me tweak up my settings for downloads/uploads and surf time on my connection. I have tried many registry keys n values and programs and documents but i cant get it the way i like it + i am not sure what i'm doing. I have an adsl connection with a supposedly 576 down time and note sure what the ftp up is.(getting different readings off diffrent options)
    This site http://www.dslreports.com/ has a DR.Tcp proggie that helps but it wont sort me out(as in faster downloads but my page to page surf sucks now). ( i am waiting a response émail)

Does anyone know anything about this ?
    I have win 2k pro running, is this ethernet do you know and where do i look to find out ?

take it easy

safe now

Adsl connections are PPPoA - point to point protocol over ATM, which is very similar to PPPoE.
    I'm not sure how to answer your other questions as i don't fully understand them - i /think/ you're trying to get your downloads to go at the maximum speed of your connection - 512 k, if this is the case, i'm afraid you're out of luck - your download speeds will only ever be as fast as the slowest link in the connection - if you get a sustained 70 k on a download i'd be happy. You *might* get something close to your maximum speed if you connect to a box on the same subnet as you (somebody else with adsl connection) but probably not - as far as i'm aware BT have a 50/1 contention rate on the adsl lines, meaning at anyone time you'll be sharing your line with up to 50 other adsl users.

Check out the link below...theres some info on how to tweak your mtu settings.

http://cable-dsl.home.att.net/

Are your phone lines up to snuff? Just a thought.

Thanks for the replys people

I have tweaked it up silly time now...tiz flying