Thread: somebody trying to break into my computer

Question somebody trying to break into my computer

I have installed this firewall from zonealarm for a while now and just to day, I started to get alrms of attemps of conection to my computer by the same IP adress. The person tried some 60 differnet port before giving it up because I set my firewall on lock mode. Is there any way to be sure that this guy won't bug me again and more important, how can I make him understand to leave me alone...
    Thanks to those willing to help....

ok, if they literally tried 60 or more ports, they werent doing it manually. they were probably randomly port-scaning people to find open ports that could be exploited(or maybe looking for a spefic service which could be running on multiple ports). you probably dont have to wory about them bothering you again because you locked down your net traffic so they just kept getting "port not open" type responces.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Re: somebody trying to break into my computer

Originally posted by puglapprenti
    Is there any way to be sure that this guy won't bug me again and more important, how can I make him understand to leave me alone...
    Ignore it, your fairly protected with your personal firewall, don't bother trying to retaliate as this will cause more problems than it solves.

Sit tight and ignore the script-kiddiez & worms.

Talking

the firewall which u are using is really a good one and also u have locked the traffic so there is nothing to worry...let him try if at all he is really trying for u , he can do nothing ...as far as your firewall is there...

still i recommand u to scan your system for trojans at least once every week.....u will not find any trojans as far as your firewall is working properly..but...still....
    u see ......."precaution is better then cure"

intruder.....