Thread: cgi scripts

Question cgi scripts

Hey, folks.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to download a cgi-script from a server. Is it possible to get the script from a server where I've got no access privelidges?

What I'd like to do is to download some scripts from servers of websites, just to have a look how they work. I'd like to get into cgi script programming.

Sorry for being dumb, I'll try harder in the future.

Regards,

K-Line.

Except if you can worm your way through to the cgi-bin directory, you shouldn't be able to read it. Same thing applies with php scripts. Do you realize how unsecure it would be?
    -Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate-

Re: cgi scripts

Originally posted by K-Line

Hey, folks.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to download a cgi-script from a server. Is it possible to get the script from a server where I've got no access privelidges?

What I'd like to do is to download some scripts from servers of websites, just to have a look how they work. I'd like to get into cgi script programming.

Sorry for being dumb, I'll try harder in the future.

Regards,

K-Line.
    Well if you want to get into CGI script programming you'll find it hard to download real functioning scripts from a website because as cold_connection said it would be a bit insecure, however try Webmonkey and see if you can learn from that

P.S. we don't mind dumb questions, as long as they aren't lame (eg "how do i hack hotmail?")
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.