Thread: Pringles: An new method of Hacking

Talking Pringles: An new method of Hacking

-Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

this illustrated how innovative and sinister virus writers and hackers
    Oh yes. That guy on the pringles can is very sinister.
    Why am I still here?

hehe, P|-|34R |\/|Y L33T PR1|\|GL3S S|<1LLZ
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.

Post Microsoft screws up.

This page also talks about this:

"The vulnerability exists within IE 5.5 and 6.0, but earlier browser editions "may or may not be affected," according to a security bulletin posted to Microsoft's Web site Thursday. The security flaw allows an outsider to break into cookies--tiny electronic files used by Web sites to file account information or personalize pages--through a specially crafted Web page or e-mail. A person could then steal or alter data from Web accounts, including credit card numbers, usernames and passwords. "

Why does Microsoft continue to release new products with poor security? Microsoft says it was irresponsible for the person who found the problem to release that info to the public. If they hadnt released that info I'd bet there wouldnt be a fix yet.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Re: Pringles: An new method of Hacking

Originally posted by Matty Cross
    The Pringles Attack
    Surely the question is did he eat the pringles whilst performing the attck, now that would be great! j/k
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.

Re: yet another Microsoft cover up

Lets face it, all programs, even the best one has a flaw of some kind hidden deep within it. This thread kind of reminds me of a discussion we were having here on AO a while back about MS and a group of what one would have thought were responsible security groups keeping security issues secret.

As The Preacher pointed out, if there had not been release of this info, there most likely would not be a fix yet. And how would that fix have come? In a service pack? IE upgrade? or Windows update a few months from now?

MS just doesn't get the whole *security* thing. This is the #2 reason not to use Microsoft Products, you can't trust that they will ever be giving you the truth about your software.

Cool hack though
    Know this..., you may not by thyself in pride claim the Mantle of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity without End.

Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers respect thy Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother or Sister in Wisdom, and you wake up and realize that the Mantle hath lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew not when.

I don't think he would've... would've been too risky.. he might've swallowed the reciever....
    -Matty_Cross

I wonder if people near government buildings carrying pringles cans will be searched or arrested for fear that they might hack into the government with their snack.

Will Microsoft ever change their ways?
    Why am I still here?