Thread: Where to start..

Where to start..

I dont really know where to start in this area. I would call my self a computer literate. I know Windows quite well. Thanks for any help.

-monkey

if you ask a question that will probably help.
    Otherwise, lurk and learn that way.

Well, what should I do to get informed about hack/crack and anything else?

-monkey

Start by reading this fine thread....

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=113186

Use a search engine. Search for stuff like hacking, security, virus protection. hackers.com has some good documents u can read. Or, like the others said, lurk and ask the occasional question.
    Why am I still here?

Originally posted by jcdux
    Start by reading this fine thread....

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=113186

Yeah, right after I posted the 2nd time, I went there then realized that I basicly did what not to do. Thanks though.

-monkey

o SupraMonkey

i think i know what happened when you clicked on that link, and im sure it was unintentional. If you post a link thats over a certain length, the scripts on this site truncate it automatically with (...), which is computer talk for go up a directory. Those dots in a link like that confuse the hell out of IE or aol. The browser has no instructions on what to do when this happens and can freeze or even give you the blue screen of death. That a flaw that M$ has a patch for.

Lesson number one download and install all security patches.

Look for yourself though at other posts with long links.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Huh? Why would that happen? The link itself doesn't contain any extra periods, only the text that contains the link... which shouldn't matter. That, and .. is 'go back a directory', not ...

I would suggest buying Hacking Exposed 2nd (or above) Edition. It's a pretty good book in terms of giving you a good all-around view of past and present vulnerabilities, as well as the scope of things which are possible.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency