Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie question about Visual Basic 6.0

sebastos12

Question Newbie question about Visual Basic 6.0

Help, i have made a small game with visual basic 6.0 and i wanted to make it .exe ,but when i clicked File--> make (name).exe... and then i went to find the game i found (imagine) a file "(name).Visual Basic Project Workspace what i did wrong?
    Help!!!

Dude, you probably did something dumb like save your file rather than compile it.

Damn, mess around with the program a bit more before posting "Help!!!!!!!!!" threads. Its not a complex task to compile. Click File, Make, Ok. If you can't follow that theres no hope for you. Leave home and become a weasel polisher or something.

Damn, you got ripped by the last guy. But really, compiling isn't that hard. However, the same thing has happened to me before but I just compiled the program again and it worked.
    Why am I still here?

sebastos12
    Thankz guys.

Banned

Lightbulb hmmmm.....This brings up 1 thought.

This guy, claims to have written a "small game" in VB. Ok thats fair, but if you have the knowlege to write the code and draw the forms then how on gods green earth do you not know how to compile it? All you do is click "make exe".

It all depends

It all depends on what make of 6.0 you have, if you bought it off the shelf or got it in a school book, because the version of 6.0 I have, does not allow making a project into a .exe.

Yeah, they make you pay more for certain versions that let you actually compile it. I hope that's not the case, because AFAIK there isn't much you can do for free about it. Don't forget to view the 'advanced' properties or option of the save dialog, if any.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

sebastos12
    When i first did that you told me i didn't have any problem, but now i have again. When i went again File--> make (name).exe... then i saw a bar up-right and it has written on it "compiling..." then, when it finished other bar appeared which, has written on it "WRITING exe..." when it is going to finished the program it appears alter message that says a problem cause VB6 and a dll file.
    help because i'm going to be crazy.

Try adding the .exe extension manually, e.g. make -> game.exe then enter 'game.exe' (without the quotes) into the text box.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

sebastos12
    But it has only one sentence "make game.exe..." and "make project group..." and the second one isn't available.