Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie question about Visual Basic 6.0

I think the question is what version of VB do you have. There seems to be some bug in it that's not your fault, and there may be nothing you can do about it except get another copy of VB.
    Why am I still here?

Re: hmmmm.....This brings up 1 thought.

Originally posted by NoNeckJoe
    This guy, claims to have written a "small game" in VB. Ok thats fair, but if you have the knowlege to write the code and draw the forms then how on gods green earth do you not know how to compile it? All you do is click "make exe".

Be nice NoNeckJoe.. the first thing I wrote in VB was Yahtzee... and I knew nothing about the programming language or the interface.. its aimed to be easy, but it doesn't play nice a lot of the time.. *(VB, not my Yahtzee game )
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

sebastos12

I went to HELP--> About and it writes version 8176 VBA: Retail 6.0.8169 Forms3: 2.01 is there any update for this? Pleaze.

What I mean is not to call the file <game> but <game.exe> when you compile it. It's a bit difficult to explain without actually showing you!
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

sebastos12
    i did this pwarning but it made everything i made (forms and dialogs) as (file).OBJ i don't know what happen.

I don't have much experience in VB specifically, but when I have programming problems like this (ie. something very simple that should work, with no obvious solutions, usually at the compiling stage) sometimes I find that if I basically start all over from scratch, it works(sometimes). It's a pain, but when you have no other options... Anyway, just try testing your compiler, write and compile something else to see if it works. Hope I could help.
    \"The problems we face cannot be solved by the minds that created them\" -Albert Einstein

sebastos12
    I found the problem, the version it couldn't let you to make an .exe file a update the version with the sevice pack5

well i am glad it was fixed, but another thing that i noticed about vb is that if you name an exe the same name as the project, it can get confused.... but that was an older version of vb

sebastos12
    i don't think that it happened on vb.

no, it most definitely happened with VB. if i can find it, i'll get you the version number. the patched it pretty quickly. this was prolly 2-3 years back, so i will see if i can find it.