Thread: Secure File Deletion

Secure File Deletion

Here is a PowerPoint Presentation based on the SANS Institute article “Secure File Deletion, Fact or Fiction”. This presentation is not taken word for word, but a great piece to educate users on the subject of secure deletion. Again this is more Educational material than tutorial, but I had no idea where to put it...

I think I'll take this opportunity to recommend a secure deletion tool. I know there are a heap of 'em out there but I use and recommend Best Crypt's "BC Wipe"...I've used it for years and it's never let me down unlike the highly expensive and over rated Evidence Eliminator...

If anyone's interested you can D/L it here...

Just as a coincidence I was looking around today for a alternitive to the costly Evidence Eliminator and found a free alternitive at www.tolvanen.com/eraser/

Some day I will take the time to make my own eraser tool. I am now going to check out BestCrypt as mentioned above. Thank you for the information and sugestions.
    In snatches, they learn something of the wisdom
    which is of good, and more of the mere knowledge which is of evil. But must I know what must not come, for I shale become those of knowledgedome. Peace~

Originally posted here by Conf1rm3d_K1ll
    I think I'll take this opportunity to recommend a secure deletion tool. I know there are a heap of 'em out there but I use and recommend Best Crypt's "BC Wipe"...I've used it for years and it's never let me down unlike the highly expensive and over rated Evidence Eliminator...

If anyone's interested you can D/L it here...
    Excellent choice...~~!!!! I couldn't agree with you more.