Thread: Anti AntiVirus

Anti AntiVirus

i have on my site a tut on how to create your own strand of your fav virii or trojan, if interested check it out at

http://www.geocities.com/ment0r84/antiav.htm

please note that this site was just a bit of coursework, it will not be updated fixed or anything. I got my distinction (even in the state it is in) so im happy.

Windows does not have enough free memory to run this program.

I will never intentionally abuse this board. However, when adding AntiPoints please be a man/woman and leave your name so we can discuss why you did so. I shall also leave my name on all points i send. Thankyou.

Security site not a hacker site, learn that
    This is what i got sent to me as a negative antipoint by an annonomous sender.

Hackers know the weaknesses in your system. Shouldnt you?
    That is the slogan of the board.

I placed this link in order for people to look at. This link shows a loophole in antivirus software. Correct me if i am wrong but that is completely relevant to the board and security as a whole.

This in my opinion should be seen by people interested in security.

I admit perhaps i shouldnt have posted it in the tutorials section.

Please reply telling me what other people think and i shall remove the link if necessary.

I will never intentionally abuse this board. However, when adding AntiPoints please be a man/woman and leave your name so we can discuss why you did so. I shall also leave my name on all points i send. Thankyou.

Interesting tutorial!
    I never thought of that before... What about heuristic analysis? Wouldn't that still detect it as having !trojan-like" or "virus-like" features? (i.e. NAV2002 would still not be fooled by it!)
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

yes nav does not get fooled by it yet mcafee doesnt (well the version i got) but how many people have an updated av, the percent is very small. I think this is something major that should be noted by people

KEEP YOUR VIRII CHECKER UP TO DATE

Peace out.

Kool. As long as I'm protected from this kinda stuff... I'd recommend further advice over & above keeping the virus checker up to date:

either
    1) Install Linux
    or
    2) Use Norton Antivirus (2002 is the latest version)

It may cost more than some, but it's by far the best in its field!
    (The Lord Of The Rings)

Oh and by the way do you know how the heuristic analysis works? I feel trial and error apears to be a strange way of testing something to see if it is harmfull. Does the av run the prog in a quarantine or something? Thanks.

Interesting read......makes one think alittle.Appreciate your sharing this with the list.
    \"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he,himself,does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss,the abyss also gazes into you\"

Friedrich Nietzche

From what little I know about heuristics... it analyses the programming to see if it performs virus-like functions

I wrote a self-replicating thing once, it didnt do anythin else just mader a single copy of itself, and NAV picked up on it!!!
    (The Lord Of The Rings)